* Situated close to village beach / bay, on the South West Coastal Footpath and edge of Exmoor and located in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
* 9 letting bedrooms, 8 en-suite and 1 bedroom with private facilities
* Private car parking for 10 cars plus double garage
* Front and rear gardens
* 2 bedroomed owners accommodation and lounge
* Profitable husband and wife operated business, operating just 9 / 10 months per year
* Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence with many repeat customers
* Suitable for alternative uses such as holiday flats, retirement home etc, subject to planning permission
Combe Martin has a population in the order of 2,500 and is situated approximately 4 miles to the east of Ilfracombe. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon is situated approximately 14 miles to the south.
The property is situated within Moory Meadow just off the main arterial road through the village and is close to the beach and bay of Combe Martin whilst also providing guests with close proximity to the village centre with facilities including Public Houses, shops, restaurants and Post Office. The South West Coastal Footpath also runs adjacent to the property, making it a convenient location for those wishing to explore the local area on foot.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property is of two storey Petersmarland brick construction under a pitched tiled roof with 6 feature bay windows to the front. The commercial parts at ground floor include breakfast / dining room with 2 bay windows as well as a guests lounge, also with bay window. There are 9 first floor letting rooms, 8 of which are en-suite, with the front facing rooms benefitting from sea views. One of the many key attributes of the property is that of the private owners accommodation to the rear of the property which provides two bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and separate dining space for the owners. External space is also a key feature of the property with front and rear gardens, private car parking and an owners garage / workshop.
Our clients are inviting offers for the freehold interest.
The business has been operated by our husband and wife clients since 2007, with the only staff member being a part time cleaner as and when required. Operating as a Bed & Breakfast with optional evening meal the business has had a turnover in excess of £100,000 for yearends 2013, 2014 and 2015 with a net profit for the latest yearend being £60,000, with our clients choosing to trade 9 / 10 months of the year. Evening meals offered by our clients which are considered "good homemade cooked food." The business has a website with an on-line booking system and a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence with reviews including "A great place for a family holiday", "One of the best" and "Exceptional B&B".
Any current stock to be included within the sale.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Storm porch entrance with quarry tiled floor leading to:- Main reception hallway with wood flooring, radiator heating, under stairs toilet
BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
23`2 x 21`0 (7.05m x 6.40m) Two double glazed bay windows, carpet, radiator heating, table and chair covers for circa 20 with space for further covers, spot lit corner bar servery
20'11 x 13'3 (6.40m x 4.05m) Sofa and armchair seating, double glazed bay window, radiator heating, gas fire, games cupboard, TV, DVD player and games console
15`4 x 8`5 (4.65m x 2.55m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, adjoining shower room with tiled floor, corner shower, wash hand basin
OWNERS BEDROOM 1
13`2 x 12`2 (4.00m x 3.70m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
OWNERS BEDROOM 2
11`10 x 7`8 (3.60m x 2.35m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, garden view
Aga also providing hot water, 6 burner gas and electric oven, dishwasher, 2 x microwaves, bain-marie, single deep fat fryer, washing up sink, prep sink, stainless steel wash hand basin, vinyl flooring, tiled splash back, eye and base units with worktops, rear door, adjoining:-
PREPERATION / DINING AREA
Central island with storage and seating, radiator heating, 3 x fridges, eye and base units with worktops
Miele roller press, 1 x tumble dryer, 2 x washing machines, 2 x freezers, boiler, stainless steel double drainer sink
Landing with emergency lighting, fire system, loft access to part boarded loft space, laundry store with airing cupboard and sink unit
14'11 x 10'1 (4.55m x 3.05m) Double, double glazed bay window with sea view, carpet, 3 piece en-suite shower room
9`9 x 9'5 (2.95m x 2.85m) Single, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, seas view, wash hand basin
PRIVATE BATHROOM FOR BEDROOM 2
4 piece bathroom, radiator heating
13`11 x 11`10 (4.25m x 3.60m) Double, double glazed bay window, sea view, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
13'4 x 9'7 (4.05m x 2.90m) Double, double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
13`3 x 9`6 (4.05m x 2.90m) Double, double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
FAMILY SUITE 6
15`3 x 12`8 (4.65m x 3.85m) Double, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, 3 piece shower room, additional twin bedroom adjoining
11`10 x 10`0 (3.60m x 3.05m) Double, double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite bathroom
14`8 x 9`7 (4.45m x 2.90m) Twin, double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
18`7 x 8`11 (5.65m x 2.70m) Twin, double glazed bay window, sea view, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
To the front of the property is a garden area predominantly laid to lawn as well as an important attribute to the property namely a private car park providing space for circa 8 / 9 vehicles as well as an owners garage / workshop and an apple orchard. To the rear of the property is further garden space, again predominantly laid to lawn with shed, pond and a dry store / pantry.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of bedrooms: 8
Accommodation Details: Separate Private Owner Accomodation
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
An ideally located 10 bedroom En-suite guest house for sale located only minutes walk to town centre, seafr...More Details
A magnificent Victorian 12 x bedroom guest town house situated a short walking distance to town centre, sea...More Details
Highly profitable 8 letting bedroom harbourside B&B • Prime central location overlooking Brixham harbour •...More Details