* Double fronted premises providing covers for circa 35
* First floor private dining suite for a further 16 covers
* Roof terrace suitable as commercial or private area
* High quality fit out and trade inventory
* Undertaking both daytime and evening trade, 5 days per week, although flexible to offer solely daytime or evening trade depending on new owners requirements
* One bedroomed accommodation above with kitchen and lounge
* First floor private dining suite easily incorporated into additional owners accommodation
* Available with or without first floor accommodation
At One Dining Room enjoys a busy tourist season along with a great local following and is located in Braunton, a thriving and expanding coastal village. Offering well presented surroundings and an established reputation, the business consistently receives good Trip Advisor reviews. The business is operated by our clients, with one undertaking a front of house role and the other undertaking daytime kitchen service. An additional chef is employed to undertake evening service. Currently the cafe bistro is open 5 days per week, 10am - 2.30pm and 6pm-close, closed for 2 days of the week. There are opportunities to increase trading hours to suit new owners whether operating as a daytime cafe, evening venue or both. Yearend to March 2016 produced a turnover of circa £146,000, with the first 5 months of trade in the current financial year showing a turnover of £83,000. It is our clients intention to relocate overseas so there is no onward chain.
Braunton is reputed to be the largest village in the country with a population in the region of 8,000. Barnstaple, the regional centre of North Devon lies approximately four miles to the south. There have been a number of both commercial and residential developments within the village, with further housing developments planned over the next few years.
The property is prominently situated in Caen Street on the Village Square regarded as the retail core of Braunton. The area has assorted commercial operators in the immediate vicinity. Given its location the business is able to take advantage of passing trade.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is of two storey construction under a pitched slate roof with a latter single storey extension to the rear which provides additional commercial parts as well as providing a first floor roof terrace. The double fronted premises comprises of fitted restaurant at ground floor offering covers for approximately 35 with a counter servery at the entrance and an adjoining commercial kitchen. Much attention has been paid to be decoration and fit out of the premises including feature wall papers, furnishings and oak flooring with under floor heating. The first floor, which can be accessed through the building or from the self contained rear entrance, is currently configured to provide a first floor private dining suite for circa 16, although in the past this has been used as a lounge for the private accommodation which currently consists of one bedroom, lounge and kitchen. Our clients use the roof terrace for customer seating although this could be utilised solely for private use if desired.
Our clients are inviting offers for the leasehold interest of the business and an assignment of the existing 15 year lease, at a current rent of £27,000 per annum for both commercial and domestic parts. The Landlord has informed our clients that he would consider a new lease of solely the ground floor if new owners preferred at a rent of £18,000 per annum. It should be noted there is a rent deposit held by the Landlords.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
31`2 x 13`10 (9.50 m x 4.20 m) Double fronted unit, tiled floor entrance, counter servery, stainless steel single drainer sink, glass washer, 3 x drinks chillers, liquor display, till, coffee machine (leased), coffee grinder, background music system, bar stool and high table seating for 8, breakfast bar seating for 2, archway to:-
Seating area with table and chair / bench seating for circa 19 covers, feature wall paper, under floor heating, oak flooring, archway to:-
Further seating area providing an additional 6 covers, under stairs store with CCTV system, wine fridge, fire and intruder alarm systems
Non slip flooring, under counter fridges, 8 ring gas burner oven, extractor system, 2 x fryers, grill, 2 x microwaves, stainless steel wash hand basin, 6 slice toaster, freezer
PREPARATION / WASH AREA
2 x stainless steel sink units, upright fridge, 2 x chest freezers, dish washer, ice machine
Low level w.c., wash hand basin, tiled walls, non slip floor
Low level w.c., wash hand basin, tiled walls, non slip floor
PRIVATE DINING SUITE
14`10 x 10`9 (4.50 m x 3.25 m) Oak flooring, radiator heating, down lighters, double glazing, dado rail, exposed roof beam, covers for 16. This room has previously been utilised as a lounge as part of the owners accommodation
Low level w.c., wash hand basin, radiator heating, timber wainscoting, double glazing
Hallway with carpet, radiator heating, store cupboard with amplifier
11`7 x 11`4 (3.55 m x 3.45 m) Carpet, radiator heating
9`9 x 8`3 (2.95 m x 2.50 m) Carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room with low level w.c., wash hand basin, tiled walls and floor, walk in shower
Fridge / freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, work surfaces, stainless steel single drainer sink, radiator heating, vinyl floor, loft access.
Accessed from the first floor landing is a roof terrace which our clients utilise as further patron seating for circa 8.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Number of bedrooms: 1
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
Destination CHEESE SHOP & DELICATESSEN, sought after SIDMOUTH, enjoying prime High Street trading posit...More Details
Daytime CAFÉ/COFFEE HOUSE, prime SIDMOUTH town centre trading position, fronts main shopping thoroughfare, ...More Details
CHOCOLATE SHOP/ CHOCOLATIER/SNACK BAR, undertaking retail sales, chocolate making courses & commissions...More Details