Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market this well established and popular delicatessen, café and specialist wine shop business in Southport, Merseyside.
The business was established by our client in 2014 and is only now being offered to the market due to our client’s desire to pursue other interests. The business currently operates 5 days per week and according to the 2016 accounts generates a turnover in the region of £119,700 per annum, with a gross profit of approximately 46%.
Our client offers a wide variety of goods and stocks up to 35 cheeses at any one time, although have access to over 1,000 cheeses through the supplier, as well as a range of cured meats including Salami Milano, Serano Ham, Coppa (Italian dry cured pork), home-made pate, which is freshly frozen, plus many more. Our client specialises in boutique wines, spirits and beers. We are advised that the business is licenced until 10.00pm.
The café offers a wide variety of dishes including all day breakfasts, lunches, specials, sharing dishes and tapas, to name a few, as well as a good selection of hot and cold beverages and speciality coffees. Gluten free products and bespoke crisps and popcorn are also available.
Our client also offers a range of services, such as wine & cheese tasting evenings to suit any occasion. The property boasts approximately 43 sq. metres of floor space and is very well maintained and fitted out to suit the trade.
The business has built up an excellent reputation within the area for the very high quality of the goods and services offered, which has resulted in a very loyal client base, with a high volume of footfall and passing trade.
We feel there is scope to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours, perhaps by opening on Sunday and Mondays. A new owner could also embark on a modest marketing campaign to highlight the excellent produce and services offered. The business already has an excellent and informative website in place to promote the business at www.henrysdeli.co.uk, which could incorporate online ordering facilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a new owner to take this already thriving business to the next level; therefore, early viewing must come highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Henry’s Deli occupies substantial ground floor premises, ideally located on the busy Hesketh Drive in Churchtown, Southport, Merseyside. The business is surrounded by complimentary shops and businesses, as well as densely populated residential areas, from which the business derives much trade. The delicatessen benefits from a high volume of footfall and passing trade, as well as unrestricted on-street parking facilities to the front of the premises.
Southport is a large seaside town in the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton. The town is one of the most popular seaside resorts in the UK. It hosts varied events including an annual air show on and over the beach, the largest independent flower show in the UK in Victoria Park and has also hosted the Open Championship golf tournament at the Royal Birkdale Golf Club.
The area of the business is well served by the public transport system, with several bus stops within easy walking distance of the property. The nearest railway station is Meols Cop, which is less than one mile away. The area is also well served by the A-roads, with the A5267 being within easy driving distance, which links to the national A-road and motorway networks. Preston is approximately 17 miles away and Liverpool is 22 miles away.
Substantial ground floor premises in an ideal trading location, briefly comprising:
Deli & café with:
Bespoke shelving and storage to perimeter walls.
Internal seating for 10 x covers.
2 x serve over display chiller units.
Well equipped kitchen to rear.
Storage area to rear with partly covered walk-in freezer.
Seating to front for 12 x covers.
• Walk in chilled room 80” x 80” in rear yard with temperature setting
• Assorted wooden wine boxes for display
• A Blizzard dairy deck with digital temperature display (new April 2014) 77’ long x 35’ depth x 49’ high
• A Blizzard dairy deck with digital temperature display (new April 2014) 47’ long x 35’ depth x 49’ high
• A Blizzard tall drinks fridge with digital temperature display 25 wide x 23’ depth x 76’ high (new April 2014)
• A stainless corner unit fabricated to join 2 dairy decks
• 5 x rubber wood tables 27.5’ x 27.5’ x 29.5 high with 10 matching chairs
• A WED-B250B-3 meat slicing machine (new July 2014)
• A ER-180T electronic cash register (new April 2014)
• Assorted fixed kitchen cupboards forming the shop fixtures
• 6 x dark metal outside tables with 12 rattan effect chairs
• 3 x dome lid cake stands
• Binatone dual phone system
• Fitted industrial sink unit in the kitchen
• Hotpoint oven (new April 2014)
• Buffalo double element industrial grill (new July 2014)
• Black metal fitted extractor hood (new April 2014)
• Delonghi microwave (new April 2014)
• Cooksworks toaster (New November 2014)
• Edge 10 CCTV monitor (new April 2014)
• 4 x digital camera 30-day CCTV system professionally fitted (can be set up for smartphone access but not currently setup) (new April 2014)
• Under counter fridge (second hand)
• Westfrost large chest freezer (new April 2014)
• Tork hand towel dispenser
• Handi cheese slicer
• 2 x free standing kitchen aid stands
• Assorted crockery, plates, tea pots, cutlery,
• Assorted pans and kitchen utensils
We are advised Leasehold:
Original lease length: 6 years
Remaining lease length: 5 years
Rent: £300 per calendar month
The business is open:
Tuesday – Friday: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am – 3.00pm
The business is owner run and managed with 2 x casual staff members.
The business generates a turnover in the region of £119,700 per annum, with a gross profit of approximately 46%.
Ideal first business opportunity currently operating on 6-day week from well fitted & presented 20-cover pa...More Details
CAFE busy parade, densely populated locality, KIRKDALE, LIVERPOOL, taking £1,200 weekly, latest closi...More Details
All day breakfast specialist sandwich bar run single handed on 6-day week from well fitted & equipped 8-cov...More Details