• Potential to increase sales
• Extremely well presented shop
• Easily run business
• Located in a sought after area of Torquay
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this busy cake making and decorating business which also has healthy confectionary sales. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2012 and is now reluctantly being offered to the market due to the owner’s ill health.
This rarely available opportunity has established itself as the area’s premier creator of bespoke wedding cakes and cupcakes, novelty birthday cakes and cupcakes; for adults and children; christening cakes, baby shower and new arrival cakes. It has built up an excellent reputation for its wide selection of stock coupled with its welcoming atmosphere and knowledgeable friendly staff
Claires Cakes enjoys an all year round trade and has a healthy turnover which is in the region of £83,000 per year with excellent gross profit margins.
We feel that this opportunity represents a fantastic base on which to build upon on, possibly running a modest marketing campaign to further increase sales. Early negotiations with Falcon Commercial are highly recommended.
The prominent retail unit benefits from being in a highly visible position on one of the main streets that runs through St Marychurch, a sought after part of Torquay in Devon. The well-presented leasehold premises enjoys a high level of passing footfall as it is situated in a fairly densely populated residential area and is surrounded by a wealth of complementary businesses.
The Premises briefly comprise:
Ground Floor Sales Area
• Well fitted sales area containing a good selection of well-maintained shop fittings that include: wooden dresser style units, display unit, electronic cash register etc.
• Kitchen containing an array of baking equipment
• Basement – used for storage
• 1 parking space in shared rear yard
The business is run by the proprietors with help from casual part time staff.
• 9.00am – 4.30pm Tuesday - Friday
• 9.00am – 1.30pm Saturday
• Closed Sunday & Monday
We are advised that the stock held by this business is approximately: £2,000.
• £83,000 Per year
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
• Current Business Rates payable: Nil
• Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction
• For further information, you should make your own enquiries to Torbay Council, Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay TQ1 3DR
The EPC rating on these premises is: TBA
Leasehold - We are advised that the premise is held on a secure 6 year lease of which 5 ½ years remain. The current rent payable is £500 per month rising to £550 per month for the last 3 years of the term of the lease.
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on 01297 598080
Named by Trip Advisor 2014 (Travellers Choice) as the top seaside resort in the UK, Torquay is a friendly and pleasant place with opportunities for sporting and leisure pursuits. It has a high degree of educational excellence and health care provided by Torbay Hospital and the private hospital of Mount Stuart. The sheltered sailing waters of Tor Bay area a mecca for water sports enthusiasts with an award winning 440- berth marina providing a safe harbour. Away from the coast the softly rolling hillsides of Devon hides pretty market towns and the dramatic beauty of Dartmoor, one of two national parks in the county. Communication links include access to the intercity network at Newton Abbot with trains to London Paddington (fastest journey time 2 hours 35 minutes), Bristol and the North of England. With the much-anticipated opening of the South Devon Highway, the journey time to Exeter, the M5 motorway and Exeter Airport has been dramatically improved. The University City of Exeter is approximately 23 miles distance, with its historic cathedral, vibrant shopping and a regional airport operating direct flights to London City Airport
St mary Church
* Prominent road frontage and window display * Shop premises and kitchen * Increasing turnover over last 3...More Details
Very long and well established business with an excellent name and reputation. Wholesale trade (circa 170 c...More Details
Well-appointed premises with covers circa 20 Superb trading position, adjacent to town high street Ideal hu...More Details