• Highly visible location
• Recently refurbished sales area
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Excellent local reputation – all year round trade
• Turnkey Business
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this thriving Newsagents & Confectioner. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2010 during which time they have made considerable investment in an extensive refurbishment of the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendor wishes to concentrate on their other business interests. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
Operating from substantial landmark premises of real charm and character, this very well established, family-run concern has become an important focal point of the local community in the course of many years' successful trading by conducting a useful and popular retail operation and home delivery service.
The store stocks an excellent choice of Newspapers, Magazines, Confectionary, Chilled Drinks and Ice Cream as well as greetings cards and stationery.
Candy Shop is run by our clients with help from part time staff. The business is run at a pace to suit the owners, trading sensible hours. We are advised that it generates a turnover in the region of £350,000 per year with high gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours to include evenings or expand the range of food to go or change the product mix to convenience and alcohol sales (no alcohol licence currently in place)
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well maintained building, benefiting from being in a highly visible trading position on one of the main shopping streets in the town centre of Bude, Cornwall. There is a good mix of independent and multiple businesses close by.
Both on and off street parking is easily available.
The retail premises have recently been extensively refurbished and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Retail area which benefits from CCTV and boasts a full range of modern, high quality fixed and freestanding purpose-built display furniture and shelving, in addition to various refrigerated and frozen display cabinets, extensive periodical and greetings cards racking, an ice cream conservator and a prominent, fully fitted general point-of-sale counter area with confectionery displays, tobacco gantry and 2 position Epos system
• Store room 1
• Kitchen area
• Store room 2
• Studio/Office with potential for food use.
• 6.00am – 6.00pm Monday – Saturday
• 6.00am – 4.00pm Sundays
• £350,000 Per year
• Newsbill £2,000- £2,500 per week
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
• Current Business Rates payable £5,000 per year
• Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
• For further information you should make their own enquiries to Cornwall County Council, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY
• The business stock value is: £15,000 - £20,000
• The business is run by our clients with help form part time staff.
• Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
• Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on 01297 598080
Bude offers a wide range of amenities including individual shops, supermarkets, restaurants, banks, places of worship and schools. In recent years, the resort has grown in importance as a surfing centre and also now hosts an internationally renowned Jazz Festival each year.
Approximately 5 miles to the south is the spectacular surfing beach at Widemouth Bay.
Bude is within easy reach of the A39, which provides excellent links to Bideford, Barnstaple and the North Devon link road onto the M5, Bristol and beyond.
The former capital town of Launceston is approximately 18 miles distant where there is easy access to the A30 dual carriageway, which provides valuable links to other towns, villages and places of interest including Bodmin, Plymouth and the cathedral cities of Truro and Exeter where, at the latter, the A30 joins the M5 motorway and there is a mainline railway station and international airport.
• Established convenience store, freehold with two bed accommodation located in picturesque Cornish village...More Details
Convenience Store with a 3 bedroomed apartment Central Truro location Extremely well presented throughout E...More Details
Spacious owners 3 bedroomed apartment Picturesque village close to Falmouth & Truro Early viewing strongly ...More Details