Operating from substantial, secure and well fitted detached premises of real charm and character, the business has become an important focal point of the community in the course of many years’ highly successful trading by providing a useful range of traditional sub-Post Office services for local residents, which naturally generates considerable extra trade for a highly complementary retail operation of an extensive selection of general and frozen convenience grocery items.
“Kittle Village Stores” also stocks an excellent choice of associated fresh bought in bakery and dairy products, together with traditional news, confectionery and tobacco lines and a range of beers, wines and spirits, all displayed to its very best advantage in a bright, spacious and well-appointed mini-supermarket-style showroom area. The store additionally supports two morning-only news delivery rounds and would naturally furnish any enthusiastic purchaser with vast scope for continued growth, not least with regard to still further expansion of the retail products and services currently provided and to exploiting all the on-going development potential of the property’s generous surrounding grounds.
The business would also benefit greatly by operating considerably extended retail hours in order to improve upon the already excellent levels of turnover and profitability it is achieving in the hands of a husband and wife partnership, with the aid only of a small pool of news delivery assistants. Early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended.
Occupying a highly visible trading position with little in the way of direct local competition on a charming rural village through road which generates a high volume of year-round passing trade, to the exterior the business premises are well signed and attractively presented and are situated in generous surrounding grounds. The TWO-STOREY FREEHOLD DETACHED CHARACTER PREMISES is fitted and presented to the highest trade specifications throughout. These substantial and extremely well maintained provide truly outstanding internal business accommodation which enjoys the added security benefits of internal CCTV monitoring, together with full private and Post Office-approved Redcare alarm systems as well as having the benefit of double glazing and a modern gas central heating system throughout. The premise briefly comprises:
• Private paved pathway from Pennard Road
• Part Glazed double entrance door
• Open-planned retail sales and customer service showroom area set out in mini-supermarket style with tiled flooring throughout for easy cleaning, suspended ceiling and diffused fluorescent lighting, which houses a full range of modern, high quality fixed and freestanding display furniture and shelving in addition to various refrigerated and frozen display cabinets, a prominent central display aisle, 1 x ice cream conservator, ample periodical racking
• Display point-of-sale counter area with off-licence section, tobacco gantry, electronic tillpoint.
• Sub-Post Office counter area with parcel weighing facilities, computerised serving position and electronic utility payment facilities etc.
• general dry goods store
• Store room
• Post Office Strong room/Office
• Washroom/WC facilities
Separate Owners Accommodation
• Domestic kitchen/breakfast room housing ample work surfaces, quality wall and base storage units, fitted sink units and a full range of modern appliances
• Utility room
• Private cloakroom/WC.
• Master bedroom with fully-fitted private en-suite facilities
• Three double bedrooms
• Family bathroom/WC
• Shower room
• Enclosed service yard
• Garden area laid to lawn
• Private off road parking facilities
• Double garage
Post Office Salary £17,000. Current retail turnover in excess of £240,000 per annum, with huge scope to increase GP circa 20%. News sheet £750 per week at cost.
Business Rates and Council Tax
We are advised that the property currently enjoys 100% rural Business Rates relief and the Council Tax is approximately £1,143 per annum.
Monday to Saturday 7.30am to 7.00pm
Sunday 8.30am to 5.00pm
A widely unopposed trading position in the very select village of Kittle, which lies close to Bishopstown and the main A4118 to Swansea in a delightful rural area of the Gower Peninsula.
Convenience Store Swansea, West Glamorgan Turnover: £884,000 per annum Lock Up Premises Freehold: &po...More Details
Business: A well-established convenience stores with and off license, tobacco, full lottery, Paypoint and n...More Details
• Post office with commission and convenience store • Turnover 2014 £176,555 plus P.O commission of £22,951...More Details