• Highly visible location
• Recently refurbished sales area
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Good sized 2 bedroom family accommodation
• Private Garden
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this thriving Convenience Store. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2006 during which time they have made considerable investment in an extensive refurbishment of the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendor wishes to semi retire. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
Operating from substantial landmark premises of real charm and character, this very well established, family-run concern has become an important focal point of the local community in the course of many years' successful trading by conducting a useful and popular retail operation of an extensive selection of general and frozen convenience grocery items.
The store also stocks an excellent choice of chilled and dairy products, general household goods, traditional beers, wines and spirits and a range of news, confectionery and tobacco lines, in addition to holding valuable pay zone and national lottery franchises
College Road Stores is run by our clients. The business is run at a pace to suite the owners and we are advised that it generates a turnover in the region of £180,000 per year with high gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours to include early mornings or expand the range of food to go.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well maintained building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position in a densely populates residential part of Plymouth.
The retail premises have recently been extensively refurbished and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation as well as spacious private 2 bedroom owner’s accommodation with garden.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Retail area which benefits from CCTV and boasts a full range of modern, high quality fixed and freestanding purpose-built display furniture and shelving, in addition to various refrigerated and frozen display cabinets, extensive periodical and greetings cards racking, an ice cream conservator and a prominent, fully fitted general point-of-sale counter area with off-licence section, confectionery displays, tobacco gantry, electronic till point and full complement of Pay zone and National Lottery facilities.
• Store room
• Shower room with toilet
• Double bedroom
• Double bedroom
• Private garden
• Storage shed
• 8.00am – 9.00pm Monday – Saturday
• 9.00am – 2.00pm Sundays
• £180,000 Per year
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Potential tenants are advised to make their own enquiries to Plymouth City Council Planning Telephone 01752 304577 or email email@example.com
• The business stock value is: £8,000
• The business is run by our clients as a husband and wife team
• Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
Plymouth is situated on the south coast of Devon, England, about 190 miles (310 km) south-west of London. It is situated between the mouths of the rivers Plym to the east and Tamar to the west, where they join Plymouth Sound.
The city is home to around 250,000 people, making it the 27th most populous built-up area in England and Wales. It is governed locally by Plymouth City Council and is represented nationally by three MPs. Plymouth's economy is still strongly influenced by shipbuilding, but has become a more service-based economy since the 1990s. It has the ninth largest university in the United Kingdom
Main road position popular residential and commercial area Plymouth. Large period property, sales shop, st...More Details
Popular residential area Devon city. Large semi-detached property with comprehensively equipped sales shop...More Details
Located in popular residential area close to Plymouth University. Substantial mid-terraced premises. with s...More Details