• Inventory of well-maintained equipment
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Excellent local reputation – all year round trade
• Turnkey Business
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this well presented, thriving coin operated Launderette which offers a range of laundry services for both the private and commercial customer as well as Dry Cleaning. It has been under the proud ownership of our client since 2008 during which time they have made considerable investment and improved the business and its premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendor wishes to retire. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
The well fitted leasehold parade premises provide highly functional internal business accommodation which briefly comprises an inviting glazed public entrance into the main, bright and deceptively spacious self-service laundrette with seating for waiting customers, which houses a full range of well maintained, industry standard coin-operated appliances which consist of 4 x washing machines and 3 x drying machines.
South Molton Launderette is run by our client with help from one member of part time staff. The business is run at a pace to suit the owner, trading sensible hours. We are advised that it generates a turnover in the region of £60,000 per year with high gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours or by offering a collection/ delivery service.
This opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended.
Well maintained premises, benefiting from CCTV and being in a highly visible trading position in one of the main shopping malls in the town centre of South Molton, Devon. There is a good mix of independent and multiple businesses close by.
Both on and off street parking is easily available.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Launderette containing an array of equipment that includes 2x16kg medical grade washing machines, 1x10kg medical grade washing machine, 1 7kg washing machine, 3 tumble driers etc
• Pressing Room in which there is a roller press, flat press and an electronic cash register.
• 1 parking space permit
Open every day from 8.00am – 8.00pm.
Staff on premises:
• 8.00am – 2.00pm Monday – Friday
• 8.30am – 1.00pm Saturday
• £60,000 Per year
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
• Current Business Rates payable: Nil
• Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction
• For further information you should make their own enquiries to North Devon District Council, 125 East Street, South Molton EX36 3BU
• The business stock value is: TBC
• The business is run by our client with help from part time staff.
• Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
Leasehold. There are 5 years remaining on a 7-year lease. The current rent payable is 4,750 per year.
We are advised that the landlord would offer a new lease to suitable applicants, the details of which are to be arranged.
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on 01297 598080
South Molton has a good range of shopping, social and banking facilities and amenities including infant, junior and senior schools. Dating from Saxon times, it has some fine buildings, interesting shops, a museum, stock market on Thursdays and a popular pannier market on Thursdays and Saturdays.
The A361 North Devon Link road bypasses the town and provides access to the regional centre of Barnstaple to the west and to Tiverton and the M5 (Junction 27) to the east, where there is also a main line railway station at Tiverton Parkway on the London Paddington line.
Exmoor National Park is easily accessible and the impressive North Devon coastline with its steep cliffs and wide sandy beaches is also within easy reach by car.
Location Details: George Arcade
Leasehold. There are 5 years remaining on a 7-year lease. The current rent payable is 4,750 per year. We are advised that the landlord would offer a new lease to suitable applicants, the details of which are to be arranged.
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
Guide Price £35,000 - £45,000 Dry Cleaning Business for Sale Located in a Prominent Town Centre Position Lo...More Details
Impressive Gross Profit of over 90% Income 2016 £30,031, all from easy hours Well-equipped premises, re...More Details
Long established laundry operating from extremely well fitted & equipped parade premises with widespread re...More Details