– An outstanding opportunity to acquire a successful structural engineering consultancy based in South East London.
– Established in 1985, this is a profitable business, run by two partners and a small support team.
– With a ready made client list including housing associations and local authorities as well as private individuals and companies, this business represents an excellent opportunity for an architectural or other engineering consultancy to acquire new business with little additional overhead or advertising.
– Equally the business would be of interest to individual qualified engineers looking to start their own practice with a ready made client base and business infrastructure.
– > 90% of the business is recurrent work from the existing client base, which leaves room for the new buyer to expand the business through re-invigorated marketing.
– The consultancy is ISO 9001:2008 quality assured and Construction Line accredited. It is also an approved supplier with Tower Hamlets, Greenwich and Southwark councils.
Products and Services
– Structural and civil engineering services for all stages of project development, including design, drafting, analysis and reports.
– The business provides a one-stop service for planning, engineering, contract administration and quantity surveying.
2 partners, 1 senior engineer (p/t), 1 technician/surveyor (f/t), 1 Technician (p/t), and 1 PA (f/t)
Serviced offices, 26m2.
Rent: £25.9k / year incl. services & rates
Reason for sale:
Both partners wish to retire.
A full hand-over and training is offered subject to agreed terms.
Year ending 30th April 2016-17 (Estimate):
Sales revenue: £370,000
Adjusted EBITDA before directors' takings: £161,700 (44%)
A strategic buyer from a related business sector with a business infrastructure already in place could benefit a further £43k from savings on office costs, advertising, insurance, subscriptions and accountancy, giving a further adjusted EBITDA of over £200k.
Offers invited for business assets and goodwill
Is this business relocatable: Yes
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
Established in 1988, this significant business specialises in two key areas of trading: Plumbing & Heating ...More Details
A thriving and growing business providing architectural design, including planning application and construc...More Details
After establishing a gap in the market, the vendors decided to establish a company to serve both domestic a...More Details