* 2 bed self contained accommodation above, suitable for owner occupier or rental income
* Ideal husband & wife / family venture
* Established and profitable income
* Trading just 1 lunchtime & 6 evenings per week, scope to increase hours
* Rear patio garden
* No experience necessary with training available if desired
Northam itself has its own supermarket, post office, restaurant, florists, public houses, newsagents, primary and infant schools, church and swimming pool with the market town of Bideford having a more comprehensive range of facilities.
Bideford has a resident population, circa 14,000 and this is dramatically swelled during the summer months from the influx of tourists. The Town is of considerable character and known as “the little white town” as described by Charles Kingsley. It sits alongside the River Torridge and is still a busy port and has a wide range of shops, amenities and facilities and is close to the coast at Westward Ho!, Appledore and Instow. It is approximately 11 miles from the regional centre of Barnstaple and there is easy access to the M5 at Tiverton which is approximately 40 miles distant.
The property is located within Cross Street just off the main road through Northam, Fore Street. Also located within Cross Street is one of the two village public houses. Northam Fish Bar is the only fish and chip shop in the village.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The building has a double shop frontage with rendered elevations above under a part pitched roof. There have been latter extension to the rear to provide further back-up and kitchen space. There is a self contained entrance at ground floor level giving new owners the opportunity to either owner occupy the premises or raise additional income from rental of the flat (estimated at £500 pcm). The commercial parts provide takeaway servery with a two pan Frank Ford gas fryer. To the rear is kitchen, freezer and preparation area with adjoining potato store. There is a garden to the rear which is part decked, part patio with an owners workshop and rear access. The self contained accommodation is based on two floors and is utilised as 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and newly installed bathroom.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The business was established in 1971 and still maintains a profitable trade from a turnover of £73,000. Being owned by a husband and wife team the business is generally operated by one of the partnership plus a member of staff who undertakes approximately 26 hours per week. It is thought that if new owners did not have the staffing requirement of the current owners the profitability could be further increased by reducing the wage bill. The current trading hours are Friday 12pm - 1.30pm and Monday - Saturday 5pm - 8.30pm, winter 9.30pm summer.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Double fronted SHOP UNIT
27'10 x 14'6 (8.50m x 4.40m) 1 x fridge, 1 x freezer, Frank Ford 2 pan gas fryer, work surface, 4 pot Bain Marie, stainless steel preparation desk, till, extractor system, strip lighting, CCTV, griddle, stainless steel single drainer sink, hot water heater, non slip floor
Separate OFFICE / STORE
Low level w.c., wash hand basin, non slip floor
KITCHEN / PREPARATION AREA
3 x chest freezers, electric oven and 4 ring hob, upright fridge, commercial fish keep, washing machine, double drainer stainless steel sink, worktop, shelving, stainless steel wash hand basin
Rumbler, chipper, double glazing, stainless steel single drainer sink, spare rumbler, door to outside
Self contained entrance to hallway with carpeted stairs to first floor
Landing with carpet, radiator heating
18'6 x 13'5 (5.65mx 4.10m) carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
THREE PIECE BATHROOM - to be installed prior to completion
Vinyl flooring, heated towel rail, low level w.c., wash hand basin, bath and electric shower over
Tiled floor and walls, plumbing for washing machine, eye and base unit, work surface, under stair storage, extractor fan and light, overlooking garden
16'11 x 8'11 (5.15m x 2.70m) carpet, radiator heating, double glazing overlooking garden
17'0 x 9'8 (5.20m x 2.95m) carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, views towards sea and estuary, storage and airing cupboard
There is a rear garden area which is part decked, part patio and has an owners workshop and rear access.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the joint sole selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of bedrooms: 2
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
A wonderfully located and presented, high quality fish & chip shop with 20 + cover dining area and spacious...More Details
Unopposed FISH & CHIP TAKEAWAY, busy MID DEVON village, short drive EXETER and SOMERSET border. Detache...More Details
* Having been considerably rebuilt during 2016 * Corner sited ground floor take away unit * Rear office / r...More Details