* Take-away shop unit fitted with 2 pan Preston and Thomas frying range
* Profitable business with many years of established trade
* Operating 5 lunchtimes per week and 6 evenings per week
* 2 / 3 bedroomed accommodation above with rear entrance, lounge, dining room and kitchen
* For sale due to other business commitments
* Trading available if desired
Holsworthy is a market town with an agricultural hinterland situated to the west of Devon approximately 20 miles south east of Bideford; 20 north west of Okehampton; 15 miles north of Launceston and 8 miles from Bude / Widemouth Bay, being part of the North Cornish coastline. The Town has a weekly pannier market within the Town Square as well as regular sales at the local Cattle Market.
The property is situated on the main road through the Town, just off the Town Square and close to the main public car park. There are a wide variety of retail, office and leisure users in the immediate vicinity.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof, at ground floor level is a single fronted shop unit which is fitted and equipped as a fish and chip shop, including a Preston and Thomas 2 pan frying range. There is a 2 / 3 bedroomed maisonette at first and second floor levels which can be accessed either through the shop or from a rear entrance. At present the accommodation is configured as lounge, dining room, kitchen and 2 bedrooms, although the lounge could be utilised as a further bedroom if desired. To the rear of the property is a yard which is accessible from Church Lane.
Our client is inviting offers for the leasehold interest of his business and an assignment of the existing 14 year lease. The current rent is £15,009 per annum for both commercial and domestic parts.
The business is currently owned by our sole client although he has a "live in" husband and wife team who operate the business. At present opening times are Tues - Sat noon - 2pm and Mon - Sat 5pm - 9pm. A traditional fish and chip take-away menu is offered including burgers, sausages, pies, fish cakes etc. The latest figures produced Oct 15 - Jul 16 (10 months, not including July and August) show a turnover of £90,000 with a net profit of £15,000 and wages of £15,000 being spent on the managers. It is thought an new husband and wife / partnership may operate the business with little / no staffing.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
TAKE- AWAY UNIT
25`8 x 15`9 (7.80 m x 4.80 m) Single fronted unit with non slip flooring, tiled walls, seating area, serve over chiller counter, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, 2 x stainless steel single drainer sinks, 2 pan Preston and Thomas frying range, wash hand basin, fish keep, freezer, microwave, oil filter, griddle, Bain Marie, extractor system, CCTV
Rear Hallway with 2 x chest freezers, shelving
UTILITY / STORE
Potato rumbler and chipper
Off hallway with 2 x chest freezers and further storage
LANDING with under stairs storage, toilet with low level w.c., wash hand basin
LOUNGE / POTENTIAL BEDROOM
19`7 x 16`6 (5.95 m x 5.00 m) Carpet, double glazing, fireplace and surround, ceiling roses and cornicing
LANDING with electric heating and airing cupboard
15`7 x 11`1 (4.75 m x 3.35 m) Carpet, electric convector heater
Eye and base units, work surfaces, plumbing for washing machine, connecting to:-
12`10 x 11`6 (3.90 m x 3.50 m) Carpet, double glazing
13`7 x 10`9 (4.15 m x 3.25 m) Carpet, double glazing, dual aspect, electric convector heater
3 piece bathroom with shower over bath
To the rear of the property is a yard area with a potato store and access to Church Lane.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
Enviable position popular residential suburb Plymouth. Detached property comprehensively equipped take-awa...More Details
A café / deli business which is located in sought after trading area “Triangle”, Teignmouth, Devon. The bus...More Details
Established Daytime Catering BusinessThis well-established daytime takeaway business enjoys an excellent fr...More Details