• Prime town centre High Street trading position
• Excellent turnover and profits
• Self-contained 3 bedroom accommodation
• Genuine retirement sale after many years
Falcon Commercial are delighted to offer for sale this long established concern which enjoys all the considerable commercial advantages of a fantastic and much sought after trading position among numerous other complementary outlets and with excellent access to major road and motorway links (A38 and M5 junction 26) on the busy main central High Street of the
prosperous and historic market town of Wellington near Taunton in Somerset.
Operating from extremely well fitted and presented 3-storey parade premises, the business currently generates outstanding levels of turnover and profitability from the sale of an extensive selection of traditional seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables displayed to their very best advantage in a bright, spacious and well-appointed retail unit.
Mary Jenkins currently operates on a retail only basis and would naturally furnish any enthusiastic purchaser with scope for continued growth not least with regard to a degree of retail expansion and to the possible introduction of wholesale supplies services to local retail and catering establishments.
The business would also benefit greatly by the possible introduction of Sunday trading in order to improve upon the already impressive levels of turnover and profitability it has achieved since being established some thirty highly successful years ago by a husband and wife partnership with the aid of an experienced and motivated team of sales assistants who would be an asset to any purchaser and we would strongly recommend the earliest possible viewing to avoid disappointment.
This is a substantial and well maintained 3-storey freehold property which occupies an outstanding and much sought after trading position among other complementary outlets on the busy main central High Street of the prosperous and historic Somerset market town of Wellington, the business and private accommodation of which is arranged over 3 floors is as follows.
Fitted and presented to the highest trade specifications throughout, the business accommodation on the ground floor briefly comprises of:
• Single fronted public entrance directly off the High Street
• Bright, well-appointed and deceptively spacious open planned retail sales and customer service retail area which we are advised extends to approximately 800 sq ft in total and houses a full range of modern, high quality, fixed and free standing display furniture and shelving for an extensive selection of traditional seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables in addition to a prominent four position point of sale counter area with full complement of till points and weighing facilities etc.
• Fully fitted shop kitchen/preparation area
• Cold store with further
• Large general storeroom with delivery door access to the rear.
First Floor I
• Further ancillary business accommodation to the first floor consists of a staff restroom area housing all the usual ladies washroom/WC facilities.
First Floor II & Second Floor
Accessed by means of its own separate self-contained entrance and staircase from ground floor level, to the property also provides an equally high standard of attractively presented and appointed private owners accommodation arranged over first and second floor levels in a smart maisonette which we understand is currently let on a short-hold tenancy agreement for £525 pcm and consists of:
• lounge with separate dining room
• Fully fitted domestic kitchen/breakfast room
• 3 x double bedrooms
• Family bathroom/WC.
The property also enjoys the benefit of storage heating and the shop and first floor I area covered by a Redcare alarm system.
• To the front the business premises are well signed and attractively presented and afford ample and inviting display window space onto a busy town centre retail High Street.
• The property also incorporates a large service yard area to the rear with delivery access providing private, unrestricted parking facilities for approximately 4 vehicles with outbuildings consisting of a toilet block housing all the usual gentlemen’s washroom/WC facilities for the use of the business premises.
Current turnover in the region of £300,000 per annum with scope to increase. GP circa £110,000 and producing a very
healthy adjusted net profit margin of in excess of £37,000.
Business Rates & Council Tax
We are informed that the Business Rates currently stand at approximately £6,479 per annum (inclusive of water
charges) and the council tax is to be advised.
• Monday to Saturday 7.30am to 5.00pm
• Sunday CLOSED
Wellington is a small country town standing between the River Tone and the beautiful Blackdown Hills. It has a large number of speciality shops from which you can buy a wide range of goods. Local meats and cheeses are available and a farmers market is held every first and third Saturday of the month. There are also several pubs and cafés and, as it is so close to Junction 26 of the M5, Wellington is an ideal place to break a long journey.
Wellington Food Town is a major initiative to make Wellington the 'Food Town' of Somerset and is a partnership between Somerset Food Links, Taunton Deane Borough Council and Wellington Economic Partnership.
The award-winning Wellington Park, which was given to Wellington town by the Fox family in 1903, has been restored thanks to a Heritage Lottery grant. The park was designed by F W Meyer of Exeter firm Veitch and Sons and is an important example of late Victorian design. The Friends of Wellington Park arrange a number of events in the park during the Summer months
Freehold or Leasehold Newsagents, popular Somerset coastal town close Bristol,. £3,000+ pw, unopposed, off...More Details
Superb freehold Retail & Online Gift Business Cheddar Gorge, substantial period property with immaculat...More Details
BUSINESS Southern Western Terrance (Shop 2) : £25,000 + SAV available Hilton Smythe is delighted to welco...More Details