* Close to National operators including WH Smith, Co-Operative Food, First Choice
* Exclusive supplier of Annie Sloan Chalk Paints
* Many other exclusive suppliers
* Contemporary business capable of being operated by sole trader or partnership venture
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
The property is situated within the pedestrianised area known as Mill Street, close to the entrance to the town's High Street and is located adjacent to WH Smith and opposite Co-Operative Food. Other operators in the immediate vicinity include Barclays Bank and First Choice Travel Agents. Mill Street has undergone considerable investment of recent years including mixed residential and commercial development scheme.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a ground floor single fronted lock up shop premises. The premises were refitted during 2014, with works including hessian floor covering, redecoration, spot lighting, down lighters. To the rear of the premises is a stock / classroom, with toilet facilities being shared with another retailer within the building.
Our client is inviting offers for the leasehold interest of her business and an assignment of the existing 3 year lease (from May 2014), at a current rent of £8,000 per annum. We understand the Landlord would consider granting a new lease should this be preferred.
The business is for sale due to our client having other business commitments, meaning she is currently only able to attend the premises one day per week, with the business being operated by staff for the remaining 5 days. Turnover for the premises for yearend December 2015 was £62,000 with Annie Sloan paint sales accounting for approximately 50%. Sales of other lines include candles, gifts, cards, prints, home accessories with suppliers including Becky Bettesworth, Poppy Treffy, Shoeless Joe, Julia Davey. Further income is derived from the operation of Annie Sloan painting courses, for which training is available. The business is equally suited for a sole operator or partnership venture either of whom would be able to reduce the wage bill considerably.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion, estimated at £6,500.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Our client operates other businesses under the name of Kittiwakes and this would be required to be changed within one month of completion
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Arranged as single fronted retail unit with entrance door, rear stock / classroom and shared toilet facilities.
Shop Depth 18`1 (5.50 m)
Internal Width (max) 11`2 (3.40 m)
Gross Internal Area 202 sq ft 19 sq m
Specification of the premises includes hessian floor covering, down lighters, spot lighting, recessed shelving, counter servery, till
Rear stock / classroom measuring 11`1 x 8`5 (3.40 m x 2.55 m). Door to covered yard with shared toilet.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
A prime positioned gift, novelty and fancy dress shop which is ideally situated in the very heart of the al...More Details
Prime location heart highly sought after South Devon town foothills Dartmoor National Park. Charming locku...More Details
Prime position LEASEHOLD shop premises in a honey-pot location in the heart of Lynmouth’s popular and pictu...More Details