• Recently refurbished sales area
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Excellent local reputation – all year round trade
• Turnkey Business
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this thriving Retail business which specialises in the sale of Wool, Patterns, Books, Haberdashery and Accessories. It has been under the proud ownership of our client since 2011 during which time they have made considerable investment in an extensive refurbishment of the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendor wishes to develop other business interests outside of the Tiverton area. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its fantastic selection, welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
Operating from substantial landmark premises of real charm and character, this well stocked shop offers a range of designer yarns including Rowan, Debbie Bliss, Louisa Harding, Noro and Artesano. In addition to these they also offer traditional yarns from Jamison’s of Shetland and Donegal Tweeds from Ireland. They also support local and artesian spinners and producers such as John Arbon and Blacker Yarns.
The Wool Merchant is run by our client with help from one member of part time staff. The business is run at a pace to suit the owner, trading sensible hours. We are advised that it generates a turnover in the region of 60,000 per year with high gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours, selling online or by offering courses and workshops in the good size full height basement area.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended.
Substantial and well maintained building, benefiting from being in a highly visible trading position on one of the main shopping streets in the town centre of Tiverton, Devon. There is a good mix of independent and multiple businesses close by.
Both on and off street parking is easily available.
The retail premises have recently been extensively refurbished and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Retail area which boasts a full range of high quality fixed and freestanding purpose-built display furniture and shelving, exposed wooden flooring and attractive beams to the ceiling as well as spot lights.
• Store room
• Kitchen area
Lower Ground Floor
• Full height basement which is split into two distinct areas which would convert into fantastic space to run courses and workshops subject to obtaining the necessary permissions.
• 10.00am – 4.00pm Tuesday – Friday
• 10.00am – 3.00pm Saturday
• Closed Sunday and Monday
• £60,000 Per year
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
• Current Business Rates payable £4,700 per year
• Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction
• For further information you should make their own enquiries to Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton EX16 6PP
• The business stock value is: TBC
• The business is run by our client with help from part time staff.
• Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
Leasehold. There are 15 months remaining on a 6 year lease. The current rent payable is £12,000 per year.
We are advised that the business is being offered to suitable applicants with the benefit of a new lease, the details of which are to be arranged.
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on 01297 598080
Tiverton is the largest town in Mid Devon, and the fourth largest in Devon. It is close to the North Devon Link Road which has good access to the M5.
Tiverton Parkway Station is on the main railway line with frequent trains to Bristol, London, the Midlands and the North of England, as well as Exeter, Plymouth and Cornwall.
Tiverton makes an ideal centre for anyone wishing to visit Dartmoor or Exmoor.
The town centre has a wide variety of shops. The Pannier Market operates on a number of days and has recently introduced a weekly producers market.
Tiverton has a Tourist Information Centre which promotes events and attractions in the area. During the summer the town prides itself on the floral displays which are part of its entry into the South West in Bloom competition.
3 Fore Street
Prime CITY CENTRE shop PLUS large unit on industrial estate. Retail turnover circa £150k. Plus on-line sale...More Details
Destination CRAFT CENTRE, offers extensive product range for all age groups, enjoys SOUTH DEVON town centre...More Details
Long established & locally unopposed crafts enthusiasts Aladdin's Cave with superb market-leading product r...More Details