- Situated in the Capel area of Dorking in Surrey.
- Prominent location on main arterial road.
- Excellent free customer parking facilities.
- Industrial estates nearby.
- High levels of passing trade.
- Good volumes of traffic.
- Commercially thriving area.
- Well linked with the A24 and A29.
- Dorking, Horsham and Beare Green all lie close by.
- Area enjoying much growth and re-generation.
- A lifestyle area.
- Excellent local demographics for this type of area.
- Affluent area.
- A well established business.
- Good loyal clientele.
- Fully equipped business with favorable lease terms (see below).
- Turnover in excess of £145,000 pa. (See financial summary below).
- A business with great potential which has not been exploited because the business has
been run on a part- time basis in recent years, sometimes only opening two days per week.
- An easily run operation.
- Good loyal well trained staff.
- A good first time buyers business and an ideal purchase for an existing hotel and events
group looking to increase their portfolio.
- Very low overheads.
- A niche concern with very little competition.
- Business enjoys superb local reputation.
- This concern provides hotel accommodation caters for corporate events, private parties, weddings and hosts live entertainment.
No marketing or promoting of the business has recently been undertaken as the business is well known and has a website.
As far as competition is concerned there is are other similar businesses in the area.
The concern has huge potential. In particular the turnover and profits can be increased by:
• Increasing the marketing activity with direct mailings and local and internet advertising.
• Increasing the opening hours to include a 7 day week.
• There is scope to increase the number of guest rooms by up to 20 by extending the building
above the ballroom.
• Becoming more efficient with staffing levels.
• With an enhanced website.
Training and Handover
The owner would be available for an extensive training and handover period for the benefit of the new owners if required. The Owner would also be happy for an on the job observation period to assess the business prior to offers being made.
The property is detached. The ground comprises of the main entrance lobby, which affords access to the main events ballroom with bar, stage and dance floor, which is licensed to accommodate up to 500 guests (the current owners advises us that he considers 400 to be a more advisable number of guests) plus fully equipped kitchens and storage areas. To the left of entrance lobby is the hotel reception with offices behind.
To the right of the entrance lobby there is a fully equipped and furnished restaurant (previously a Thai Restaurant) which has 55 covers plus a fully equipped professional kitchen. The restaurant is currently not being used and was previously sub-let generating an annual rent of £30,000. There are ample toilet facilities throughout the building.
Beyond the ballroom and restaurant are the guest rooms comprising of: 8 superbly presented guest rooms (3 doubles, 3 family rooms which can sleep 3 to 4 guests, 1 twin and 1 single) all of which have en-suite bathrooms.
Owner’s or staff accommodation comprises of a fully self-contained two bedroom flat (which would benefit from some refurbishment)
To the front there is a graveled car park providing ample free customer/guest parking for up to 45 vehicles.
Equipment with Sale
All fixtures and fittings and equipment are included in the sale price and are valued at £50,000.
The business is Freehold and the business rates are £6,500 pa, and the self-contained flat at £1,000 pa.
The present turnover is £146,000 per annum with a gross profit of 73%. The present value of the stock is £3,000. The potential turnover of the business within the next 2 years is forecast to reach £1,250,000 pa given the changes that are required to be made to the business. Full financial disclosure is available on request after viewings and the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
The venue normally operates from Monday to Saturday to 3pm for functions only
The owner is involved in the day to day running of the business.
The concern employs up to 30 casual staff which includes 6 chefs, waiting and bar staff, and chambermaids. Some staff have been working for the current owner for over 20 years.
The owners are available for viewings at any time by prior arrangement.
Long established guest house with excellent year-round trade currently operating single-handed from charmin...More Details
Imposing village inn situated in the prime location of Hampton Wick, near Hampton Court Palace. Delightful ...More Details
Prominently sited public house with letting roomsOpen plan through lounge bar trading areas4 letting bedroo...More Details