* Opposite Green Lanes Shopping Centre
* Fitted as jewellery shop 3 years ago to high specification
* Selling vintage, modern and antique jewellery
* Dealership in pre owned watched including Rolex, Tag Heuer and Cartier
* Down lit window displays and oak display casing, air conditioning, safe, fire and intruder system, electric window shutter, consultation tables, office / workshop space
* Turnover circa £500,000, high associated net profits
* Sold with online shop and strong digital marketing presence
* For sale due to pending retirement
Geographically, Barnstaple sits on the banks of the River Taw near the North Devon coastline. The area enjoys a unique topography with an extensive sandy beach coastline and close proximity to Exmoor National Park. Barnstaple has expanded from its market town origins, to become the area's Regional Centre. Several national house builders are completing residential developments within the town and its suburbs. Commercially the town contains many of the major national retailers and several edge of town developments have been completed. The sustained wealth and growth of the area has been enhanced following the building of the A361 linking North Devon to the M5 at Tiverton. The road network has been further enhanced by the construction of the downstream bridge at an estimated cost of £40m.
The property has a prime pitch within Barnstaple Town High Street with a wide variety of retailers in the immediate vicinity including Clinton Cards, Boots, Next and Cargo. The premises is also located opposite one of the High Street entrances into Green Lanes Shopping Centre.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
With accommodation over two floors the double fronted retail unit was fitted as a jewellers in 2012 with specification including oak panelled display casing, spot lit displays, air conditioning, electric window shutter, CCTV, fire and intruder alarm and first floor studio for the photographing of jewellery. Within the shop is a feature mezzanine floor with open office / consultation area under a pitched glazed light well. There is storage at both ground and first floor with space that would be suitable for a jewellers workshop if desired.
The business is currently operated 6 days per week, 10am - 5pm and offers a wide range of vintage, modern and antique jewellery, as well as being a dealership in pre owned watches including Rolex, Tag Heuer and Cartier. Further trade is derived from the online shop that is included within the sale, www. coopersjewellery.com, photographs of the jewellery are taken in house in the first floor studio. To assist the presence of the on-line shop on the internet our client has employed a digital marketing company to assist in optimising the website for successful search engine results, with print advertising including Devon Life. The business has been trading from the premises since 2012 and achieved an annual gross turnover of circa £500,000 with a meaningful net profit. Further accountancy information will be made available to interested parties once they have viewed.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest and an assignment of the existing 10 year lease at a current net rent of £22,500 per annum, it should be noted that VAT is charged on the rent.
Current stock can be purchased at valuation upon completion if desired.
The property is sold with an inventory of fixtures, fittings and equipment.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £32,500 Rates Payable: £14,885 based on uniformed business rate of 45.8p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
52`5 x 11`4 max (16.00m x 3.45m) Double fronted unit with oak panelled and spot lit display casing, air conditioning, feature chandelier lighting under pitched glazed light well, down lighters, emergency lighting, spot lit display cases and cabinets, till system, consultancy table, safe, CCTV, mezzanine floor consultancy area
STOCKROOM / WORKSHOP
17`3 x 11`0 (5.25 m x 3.35 m) CCTV monitor, worktop
2 x TOILETS
14`7 x 12`4 (4.45 m x 3.75 m)
4 x further offices / stockrooms
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
Destination LIFESTYLE STORE, valuable EXETER CITY CENTRE trading position, offering unique range of CONTEMP...More Details
Attractive GIFT SHOP/RETAIL PREMISES, busy DARTMOUTH TOWN CENTRE trading position, highly visible fronting ...More Details
• Well established and highly lucrative jewellers for sale • Advise turnover of £111,669 with ANP of £46,56...More Details