- Vertical Q&A (Question and Answer) site (the largest site/community in its vertical)
- Evergreen "language/learning" vertical.
- Launched 2002. 14+ years of growth.
- 35+ Million unique visitors per year (approx 3 million uniques per month).
- 106+ Million unique visitors in last 3 years.
- 2013 = 31.3M users. 2014 = 35.7M users. 2015 = 38.6M users.
- 1.9 Million posts, 500,000+ threads.
- Secure, Fast Loading, Efficient Code
- Demographic Age: 70% of Traffic Aged 18-35
- Demographic Interests: employment, travel, accommodation, post-secondary, financial services
- Mixed international traffic from USA, India, UK, Philippines, Canada, Australia, Germany, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Brazil, Thailand, Japan
- 100% organic traffic
- $0 advertising, sales, marketing spend.
- $0 outside / VC investment. (Privately owned and operated).
- Google Analytics, Financials and details shared upon enquiry...
*** Answers.com / Answers Corporation
(2005) Answers.com was launched and traded on the NASDAQ under symbol "ANSW".
(2010) Answers.com reached "10 millionth answer" milestone (roughly sitting at 90 million unique visits per month globally).
(2011) AFCV Holdings (parent company: Summit Partner) acquired Answers.com at 33% above the company's average closing stock price, for a sum of $127 million and de-listed it from the stock exchange.
(2012) Made a (failed) attempt to acquire About.com from The New York Times Company for $270 million (beat out by IAC, InterActiveCorp).
(2014) Apax Partners (UK private equity firm) invested 43% equity in Answers.com and acquired 91% of the company in 2014 for a reported $900 million valuation (source: Moody's Investors Services as reported by PEHub.com)
(2010) Quora raised $11 Million in Series A funding (via Benchmark, Khosla Ventures, SV Angel, TechHammer) and launched to the public.
(2011) Quora reached 150,000 unique visitors per month.
(2014) Quora raised $80 Million in a venture capital round led by Tiger Global at a near $1 Billion unicorn valuation ($900 million).
(April 2016) Quora launched its first monetization attempts, via brand partnerships from Lever, Uber, Wealthfront, Sunrun.
(August 2016) Quora launched Spanish version of site (source: VentureBeat).
(2008) Vertical Q&A site, Stack Overflow (owned by parent company Stack Exchange) launched as "a question and answer website for professional and enthusiast programmers".
(2010) Stack Overflow raised US$6 million in venture capital from Union Square Ventures and other investors.
(2011) Released an associated job board called Careers 2.0, charging fees to recruiters for access, which later re-branded to Stack Overflow Careers. (source: Wikipedia)
(2011) Stack Overflow raised an additional $12 million in funding led by Index Ventures with participation from Spark Capital and Union Square Ventures (valued at $80 Million)
(2015) Stack Exchange (parent company) raised $40 million in Series D funding led by Venture Capital firm Andreessen-Horowitz at $459 Million valuation (101 million monthly unique visitors).
(2008) "HealthcareMagic was launched in January 2008 by Kunal Sinha, Abhilash Thirupathy, Shekhar Sahu and Nitesh Pant. Kunal Sinha founded this company after he left Unified Technologies, an internet technology company based in Bangalore." - (source: Wikipedia)
(2009) Accel Partners invested $2.5 million for 20-25% equity.
(2014) End-user, strategic brand, Ebix, Inc. (insurance tech brand) acquired HealthCareMagic for $18.5 million.
(2016) Current traffic estimated at 3.1M per month (source: SimilarWeb) and overall Alexa rank = 18,274 (source: Alexa)
IDEAL ACQUISITION FOR:
1. Strategic brands (Corporate Venture firms) in this specific "language/learning" market or looking for global brand awareness and wanting to own a loyal audience driven platform/channel with 35 million+ uniques per year.
2. Private Equity and investment firms (especially ones with a portfolio in community, media, platform, marketplace and similar) wanting to scale this up to 3x (100 million+ annual audience) and then roll-it up to a Strategic buyer (larger equity firm or end-user, strategic Brand).
3. Independent business builders/investors looking to build the platform, introduce monetization and sell for an "outrageous" multiple to a PE (Private Equity) firm or an end-user, strategic brand.
Approx 10 hours per week based on current and recent operations.
Number of Employees: 1-5
Support & Training:
Operations require minimal training. Owner will remain available for 90-days of full support. OPTIONAL MANAGEMENT or RETAINER OPPORTUNITY:Owner (34+ year coder, one of the top programming professionals in the world) can stay on for supplementary retai
This is an online company. Owner is located in Malta. The business can be relocated and run anywhere.
Is this business relocatable: Yes
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
This business has recently been brought to the market & more information about this business will follow sh...More Details
Location Em-Pwr Business Brokers Ltd is pleased to place onto the market this very profitable online busine...More Details
Profitable and established furniture retailer (10 years+) with large development potential. Simple to run -...More Details