– Outstanding opportunity to acquire a successful import and distribution company, specialising in food and beverages for the retail and wholesale market.
– This is a profitable and cash generating business, which continues to deliver good profits despite the current economic climate.
– Established in 1998 based in London, the business has developed an extremely loyal client base with over 315 regular clients. The client base is evenly spread with no one client representing more than 10% of the revenue.
– Over 90% of current business is from the existing client base.
– This business would be of particular interest to other import and distribution/wholesale businesses that are looking for a bolt-on acquisition to add to their portfolio. Significant synergy savings are possible for such buyers who already have a base in London/South East UK.
– The business would also be of interest to investors wishing to enter into this market, offering a simple to run business but with an operational infrastructure, a reliable client base, supplier relationships and credit agreements all already in place.
Products and Services
The business imports and distributes products from Brazil and Portugal:
- Ready made and tinned food products and ingredients
- Soft drinks and beverages
- Frozen meats and fish
- Refrigerated meats, cheeses and fish
Products are sold to Brazilian and Portuguese retail businesses and wholesale clients.
- 2 director (vendors) + 5 warehouse staff and drivers + 1 admin + 1 p/t bookkeeper
- The business operates from leasehold premises:
- Rent: £39,800 per year, Rates: £11,500 per year
- Duration of lease: Ongoing with 1 month notice period.
- The warehouse area is 6,400 sq.feet (595m2).
Reason for sale
- The vendors wish to retire.
YE 31st March 2013-2014:-
Sales Revenue £1,002,187
Gross Profit £361,352 (36%)
Adjusted EBITDA: £56,938 (6%)
- Further synergy cost savings of £142k are possible through closure of the warehouse site and reduction of warehouse staff. Based on the 2013-14 forecast figures, this would enable the buyer to achieve an EBITDA of £199k.
- The stock value averages at around £250k
Is this business relocatable: Yes
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
This business has recently been brought to the market & more information about this business will follow sh...More Details
SPACIOUS GROUND FLOOR SALES SHOP in the region of 1,450 sq. ft. sales area with lino non-slip floor. The e...More Details
Intelligent Business Transfer is delighted to offer for sale this popular restaurant based in a strategic h...More Details