- Situated in Swanage in Dorset
- Prominent location on main arterial road
- A detached and prominent premises
- Excellent parking facilities
- Industrial estates nearby
- Area earmarked for regeneration
- Surrounded by densely populated residential area with schools and other local amenities.
- Local population consists of locals and a swelling of tourists seasonally
- Area offers exceptional lifestyle
- Outstanding tourist trade
- High levels of passing trade
- Good volumes of traffic flow
- Well linked with good road network.
- A fantastic freehold investment opportunity
- Ideally located concern offering excellent lifestyle.
- A well established business.
- Good loyal clientele and excellent passing trade.
- Turnover in shop in excess of £442,000 with a net profit of £50,000. (See financial summary below).
This is very impressive considering the credit crunch.
- A business with great potential which has not been exploited because the owner lives in London.
- An easily run operation.
- Good loyal well trained staff and the business is fully managed.
- Good fuel deals with Texaco
- Very impressive premises
This very good business opportunity provides a quality petrol station with a large convenience store that provides almost everything from household goods to food and an off license. Newspapers and car accessories are also stocked. There is a lottery service to be introduced shortly. It is a Spar Store.
The concern employs 4 staff. 1 is full time and 3 are part time. The weekly wages are £1,700. All staff would stay on after a sale. The business is fully managed.
The owner spends 3 days a week in the business and does all the admin and some cover for breaks.
The owner does no marketing for the business
As far as competition is concerned this is the only petrol station in the town and for a 4 mile radius.
The client base consists of locals and passing and tourist trade.
The concern has huge potential. In particular the turnover and profits can be increased by:
• Increasing the marketing activity with direct mailings and local and internet advertising.
• Increasing the opening hours to include a 24 hour service.
• Increasing the product line to include more products in store.
• Becoming more efficient with staffing levels.
• Working more hands on hours and saving on wages.
• Conversion of property for a flat at the rear.
Training and Handover
The owner would be available for an extensive training and handover period for the benefit of the new owners if required. The Owner would also be happy for an on the job observation period to assess the business prior to offers being made.
The property is detached and has a very prominent location. The whole property is approximately 5000 sq ft and there are 8 pumps.
The shop area is 1500 sq ft and is very well presented and is fully equipped. To the rear there are staff facilities and a large store room and offices.
Equipment with sale
All fixtures and fittings and equipment are included in the sale price and are valued at £50,000.
The total revenue for year ended 31st July 2009 was £1,976,970 with a gross profit of £161,580. The wages were £39,108 with a reconstituted net profit of £73,216 before finance and depreciation. This excludes travelling costs to and from London of £5,000 which a local owner would not have. The stock is approximately £20,000 at present.
Monday to Sunday: 6am to 10pm
The business is Freehold and the rates are £5,885 pa.
The owners are available for viewings at any time by prior arrangement but preferably on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Established 40 yrs+ Shop sales £8,000 p/w & Petrol sales £1.6 million p/a Run completely under management F...More Details
Fantastic opportunity to acquire dynamic & environmentally proactive Ltd Co with superb sustainable product...More Details
BUSINESS Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Brighton Motor Services. This is a well-established business...More Details