• The Crown Hotel is a landmark building located in the centre of the historic market town of Southwell and only a few yards from the famous 14th century Minster.
• The pub has a large open plan trading area, with a separate pool area and around forty covers. There is a fully fitted trade kitchen and food preparation section. The Crown Hotel benefits from seven letting rooms, five of which are en-suite. There is a small car park and a beer patio/smoking shelter to the rear.
• The private accommodation comprises two bedrooms, a lounge, a bathroom and a kitchen.
• The customer base is largely local residents, with tourists occupying the rooms at weekends. As the Crown Hotel is the only pub in the town with a pool table, there is a pool team and scope to attract other games teams too.
• The pub is in the centre of the town's shopping area, with ample parking nearby. There are numerous individually owned restaurants, coffee shops and other retail outlets in town. The famous Southwell Minster School is yards from the pub.
• The Crown Hotel is currently trading at £6,000 per week with a 50/35/15 wet/dry/accommodation split. The successful applicant will need to look to increase activity promoting the food offer, with daily specials, teatime offers and theme nights. They will be a cask ale enthusiast who can re-establish a strong reputation for the variety and quality of real ales.
Barrelage Discount £50
Fair Maintainable Turnover* £454,290 p.a.
Working Capital £5,000
Training Fee £550+VAT
Security Deposit £11,250
Stock and Glassware £3,000
Legal fees £350+VAT**
Initial Contractual Costs ***
Rent £45,000 p.a.
Service charge £1,350 p.a.
Decorating fund £2,000 p.a.
Insurance £1,352 p.a.
Once you’ve agreed the purchase terms for the fixtures and fittings you will not be charged for any additional ingoing costs by Marston’s, other than those detailed above.
*Figure taken from Marston’s rent assessment
**An estimated figure and subject to completion within 8 weeks
***The ongoing contractual costs will vary in accordance with the terms of the specific agreement
****You will need to obtain independent advice from a qualified accountant, RICS qualified surveyor and a qualified solicitor at your own cost
Traditional style public houseProminently sited, premium Nottinghamshire market town2 lounge bars and ...More Details
OVERVIEW The Swan is a wet led pub in the centre of Mansfield. This iconic site offers a company food menu...More Details
Substantial town centre freehouseLandmark corner trading positionSuperbly presented & fitted through lo...More Details