• Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
• Excellent local reputation
• Desirable highly
• visible trading position
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Good mix of complementary businesses nearby
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this extremely well presented Restaurant which occupies a prime trading position in one of the main shopping streets in this popular Devon seaside town. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2013 during which time they have made considerable investment in an extensive refurbishment of the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the owners wish to develop other business interests. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, fantastic food and great service.
Restaurant 59 enjoys a central town centre trading position on a busy shopping thoroughfare with good pedestrian flow. Shoppers are attracted to the area by the range of businesses on offer. This thriving refurbished business is operated as an evening restaurant which serves a range of English style tapas ranging from simple dishes of olives and bread to richly flavoured shellfish, slow cooked meats and stone baked pizzas. All produce is sourced locally wherever possible and all food is freshly prepared and cooked to order. It is considered the premises are suitable for all types of cuisine.
Restaurant 59 is run by our clients with help from a dedicated team of part time staff and generates a turnover in the region of £53,000 per year with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover possibly running a modest marketing campaign or by extending the opening hours to include earlier in the day, especially in the summer months.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended.
Substantial and well maintained leasehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position on one of the main roads that runs through Paignton town centre. It is surrounded by an excellent mix of complimentary independent owned and multiple businesses.
The premises have been well maintained and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Main Restaurant with open plan customer seating area largely comprising of a range of free standing high backed chairs and free standing wooden tables comfortably seating 35 plus customers in total. The Restaurant benefits from wooden floors as well as an attractive bar servery with ample work surfaces, under counter storage and three 3 refrigerators for drinks behind.
• Commercial catering kitchen with extraction containing a good selection of well-maintained catering equipment.
• Ladies toilet
• Gents toilet
• Store room
• Covered storage area
• 1 parking space
• 4.00pm – 9.00pm (approx) Tuesday – Thursday
• Mid Day – 11.00pm (approx) Friday and Saturday
• Closed Sunday and Monday
• £53,000 Per year
Business rates payable: Nil per year
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
The business stock value is: £1500
The business is run by the proprietor with help from a dedicated team of part time staff who work on an agreed rota basis.
Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
Potential tenants are advised to make their own enquiries to Torbay Council, Castle Circus, Torquay Devon TQ1 3DP email email@example.com
• We are advised that the business comes with the benefit of a secure lease which was originally for 3.5 years and has 1 year remaining.
• Our client informs us that the landlord is willing to grant a new lease to suitable applicants
• The annual rent payable is £8500
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on 01297 598080
Paignton is a popular holiday resort situated in Torbay some 18.5 miles south of Exeter. It started as a small fishing village, until 1837, when a new harbour was constructed and the town began to grow. As was the case with its close neighbour Torquay, the coming of the railway in 1859 led to its rapid growth into a thriving holiday centre. The town retains many good examples of Victorian and earlier architecture.
Today, the entire Torbay area continues to enjoy its reputation as the English Riveria due to the mild climate and sub-tropical trees and gardens and Paignton now has all the gift shops, restaurants and guest houses you would expect to find in a major seaside resort. Paignton sands stretch alongside a fine esplanade which is dominated by the 780 ft (240 m) Pier and there are more sandy beaches from Goodrington to Hollicombe Bay.
Paignton’s population is just over 50,000. It has some excellent schools and some of the best leisure facilities around. The town enjoys excellent links with its own bus and rail stations. The M5 motorway is accessed at the nearby city of Exeter.
Location Details: 59 Torquay Road
• Leasehold. • We are advised that the business comes with the benefit of a secure lease which was originally for 3.5 years and has 1 year remaining. • Our client informs us that the landlord is willing to grant a new lease to suitable applicants
RETIREMENT SALE PAIGNTON SOUTH DEVON Snack bar within local park selling ice cream, hot and cold food with...More Details
BUSINESS Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market The Crossways Inn. This was a historic coaching inn original...More Details
These most attractive former bank premises offer an exciting opportunity for conversion to a range of alter...More Details