* Refurbished and refitted in 2014
* 48 cover restaurant, adjoining open plan kitchen with wood oven
* Turnover £110,000 from first years trade, second year £140,000 est.
* Currently operating as pizzeria / Italian, training available if desired
* Trading 5 nights per week, with staff employed including chef
* 5 Star Trip Advisor rating
* 2 bedroomed owners accommodation, potential to self contain subject to PP
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
The premises are situated within Bridgeland Street which adjoins the main pedestrian thoroughfare known as Mill Street as well as The Quay.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a Town Centre Grade II Listed premises of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof, the property was refurbished and refitted as a restaurant premises during 2014 and now offers a 43 cover restaurant with Italian theming. During the fit out works many period features were retained including timber wainscoting, parquet flooring and ceiling roses. The premises are split into two dining areas, both linked by an open plan kitchen with feature wood burning oven. The two upper floors provide 2 bedroomed accommodation with large lounge diner to the front of the premises with a feature bay window. It is thought the private accommodation could be self contained by creating a new entrance to the front of the premises, subject to any necessary planning consents.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been established in 2014 the business has quickly grown a significant trade with the first years trading showing a turnover of circa £110,000 and the second year showing growth with an estimated turnover of £140,000, with high associated net profits. Part of the success of the business could be attributed to its highly successful Trip advisor reviews, of which it has achieved a 5 star rating. The business is for sale due to family commitments of the current husband and wife owners who operate the business evenings only 5 days per week. At present 1 x chef and 3 x waitressing staff are employed. Trading predominantly as a pizzeria other Italian dishes are offered such as home made al forno pasta, training of which can be offered if desired.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
As the property is Grade II Listed an Energy Performance Certificate is not required.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
19`9 x 17`3 (6.00 m x 5.25 m) Bay window, covers for 18, timber wainscoting, ceiling rose, parquet flooring, feature wall display, adjoining
15`0 x 12`0 (4.55 m x 3.65 m) Wood fired oven, chiller gantry, stainless steel single drainer sink, electric oven, 2 x electric pizza ovens (back up), counter servery, adjoining
Vinyl flooring, 2 x sky lights, ceiling fans, feature wall paper, covers for 30, servery area with double chiller, ice cream freezer, coffee machine, coffee grinder
Ladies and gents facilities each with low level w.c. and wash hand basin
Potential to be incorporated with courtyard to provide preparation area or pot wash
LOUNGE / DINER
Front facing with bay window, gas central heating
With access to roof terrace
2 BEDROOMED ACCOMMODATION
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Number of bedrooms: 2
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
Beautifully presented 48 cover restaurant Spacious Two bedroom owners accommodation Open-Plan kitchen with ...More Details
Attractive and extremely well presented restaurant (80) and bar premises (120) located in a prime city cent...More Details
Attractive Victorian 5-bedroom property Superb fitted ground floor restaurant with 31 covers Open plan kitc...More Details