Substantially built in 1895 for the Church Institute and constructed of solid stone with stone mullions and a beautiful stone faced facade with central gable under a replaced slate roof. During recent years the property has been the subject of considerable improvement and modernisation which has been sympathically carried out and includes a new gas fired central heating system, replacement bathroom and two kitchens.
The building is considered suitable for a variety of uses subject to the usual permissions but most recently has been occupied as an antiques and lighting centre together with a tearoom. There is potential to use part of the ground floor as a self contained two bedroom flat which has its own access at the rear. The former church hall at the rear has been let to various local clubs but again is suitable for a variety of uses.
Arranged over two levels in brief comprising entrance porch and lobby leading through to a wide hall with two large double aspect reception rooms either side both with Victorian and cast iron fireplaces and off the hall is also a utility room with separate WC. Staying on the ground floor to the rear of the building is what could be used as a self-contained flat and offers a modern fitted kitchen/dining room with door to outside, sitting room, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
A wide carpeted staircase from the reception hall leads to the first floor where there is a further room off the half landing and then much of the first floor is taken up by a large triple aspect reception room over 30 ft. in length with 16 ft. high ceilings and views over part the town towards North Hill. A door leads through to a modern kitchen with integrated oven and hob which also has a return door to the landing.
At the rear of the building is a former church hall amounting to over 1350 square feet with ladies, gents and disabled toilet facilities and a kitchenette with serving hatch to the hall. To the front of the building is a shrub garden behind a low stone wall with access around both sides with off road parking facilities and at the rear is a courtyard garden between the building and the church hall.
Number of bedrooms: 2
From Webbers Minehead office proceed down through the town taking the first turning on the right into Bancks Street and the property will be found in approximately seventy five yards on the left hand side.
The property stands detached, providing a 4 bedroom dwelling currently operating as a successful retro tea ...More Details
SOMERSET. Tea Room, village store, Nether Stowey. Multifaceted business in desirable Quantock village. S...More Details
The property is a former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel believed to have been built around 1837 and for 100 year...More Details