The New Start Scotland Exhibition.
In one day, in one place, for free, you can find everything you need to start your business and grow it into a thriving success! All you need to do is register for your free ticket online at www.newstart.scot
The New Start Scotland Exhibition is taking place on Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd of November at the SEC, Glasgow.
New Start Scotland is the ultimate event for all ambitious businesses who are looking to prosper in Scotland and beyond. Whether you’re an existing business ready to grow, a business in the early stages or you want to explore the possibilities of starting your own business – you’ll find plenty of useful information and contacts at the show.
As part of Scotland’s largest business event, this year sees Microsoft return as the key show partner. Big names like FSB, World Pay, Regus, Tesla, Business Gateway, RBS and O2 are amongst a huge line-up of over 150 exhibitors, which also includes innovative, inspirational and smaller suppliers and potential partners.
At the free-to-attend exhibition, you can join 7,000+ business professionals looking to expand their businesses by visiting an array of live features on both days. Ranging from hands-on workshops developed to improve your sales, digital marketing and staff retention skills, to informative seminars from some of Scotland’s best-known entrepreneurs and business leaders.
New Start Scotland also incorporates a wide range of dedicated zones including:
• 1-2-1 tailored advice kiosks
• The funding zone
• The chance to win £5,000 to start your business in our live pitch competition
• International business zone
• Discover franchising zone
• Facilitated high-speed networking area
The free show gives you access to all the suppliers, support organisations and partners you need to increase your profitability and drive your company forward. The impressive line-up of seminar speakers includes the best of Scottish Business so make sure you come along to be inspired by the country’s most successful business experts and develop valuable skills to transform your business.
Speakers for this year include:
• Sir Tom Farmer, founder of Kwik Fit and Scotland’s favourite entrepreneur
• Gary Turner, co-founder and MD of high growth software giant Xero
• Jim Duffy MBE, co-founder of Entrepreneurial Spark
• Carl Reader, The Startup Coach
• Shaf Rasul, BBC Online Dragon and Scottish Sun columnist
• Ben Kench, author of Selling for Dummies
• And many more.
This year the show runs alongside two other co-located events – Accounting Live and Restaurant and Takeaway Business Live, making this by far the biggest business event ever held in Scotland.
- Meet over 150 exhibitors – we pull together the most useful and cost-effective suppliers and support organisations for you to speak to and compare, all under one roof.
- 80 seminars & workshops – be inspired at seminars from renowned UK entrepreneurs and business leaders. Attend interactive workshops to improve your vital business skills.
- 1-2-1 expert appointments – Free, personalised advice from experts on the key areas of your business. The topics include Sales, Marketing, Social Media, Trademarks, Employment, Branding, Funding, Legal Issues, Recruitment and Accounting.
- Franchise zone – Find out why investing in a Franchise could be a safe bet to start a business. Or if you are running a successful business, why not see what it would take to franchise your own business?
- Funding advice – Get clear, concise advice about what finance options are out there, and which would be best for your business and expansion.
- Digital & social media marketing – Social media and online marketing have never been so important, so attend these detailed & fun workshops to ensure you are not missing out on vital, cost-effective exposure.
- Competition – Pitch your business idea to our panel for the chance to win £5000 cash! To apply before the show, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your plans in less than 100 words, or pick up a short entry form at the booking area on the day.
- It’s free! – Your ticket is your all-access pass to the event. Not only for entry, but you can attend as many seminars, workshops and any other features as you wish, for no charge.
If you’re interested in buying a business in Scotland today, visit the Daltons Business Buy a Business section.