• Popular American Style Diner in Malvern, Worcestershire
• Extremely well presented throughout
• Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
• Excellent local reputation
• Desirable highly visible corner trading position
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Good mix of complementary businesses nearby
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this extremely well presented fully licensed American style diner which occupies a prime trading position on one of the main shopping streets that run through this popular Worcestershire town. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2011 during which time they have made considerable investment in an extensive refurbishment of the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the owners wish to develop other business interests. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, fantastic food and great service.
Mackenzies enjoys a central trading position on a busy shopping thoroughfare with good pedestrian flow. Local customers and visitors are attracted to the area by the range of businesses on offer in this historic town, Great Malvern. The thriving refurbished business is operated as an American style diner which serves a range of easily prepared drinks and food that includes burgers, steaks, hot dogs, Shakes and desserts. All produce is sourced locally wherever possible and all food is freshly prepared and cooked to order. It is considered the premises are suitable for all types of cuisine.
Makckenzies is run by our clients with help from a dedicated team of part time staff and generates a turnover in the region of £110,000 per year with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover possibly running a modest marketing campaign or by extending the opening hours to include earlier in the day or Sundays, especially in the summer months.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well maintained leasehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position on one of the main roads that runs through Great Malvern. It is surrounded by an excellent mix of complimentary independent owned and multiple businesses.
The premises have been well maintained and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Open plan customer seating area with a range of free standing high backed chairs and free standing tables comfortably seating 34 customers in total. Fully tiled floors and part tiled walls as well as an attractive servery with modern coffee machine, milk shake machine, storage units etc.
• Extensively equipped commercial kitchen with extraction containing an array of well-maintained catering equipment.
Lower Ground Floor
• Ladies toilet
• Gents toilet
• 2 stores which would easily convert into additional restaurant space
First Floor Self Contained Flat Which is currently rented out at £500 per month
• Double Bedroom
• Double Bedroom
• Monday - Friday Mid-day to 2.00pm then 5.00pm to 9.00pm• Saturday Mid-day to 3.00pm then 4.30pm to 9.00pm• Closed Sunday
Is accommodation included?:
Malvern offers a wide range of facilities, including a well-respected theatre, a library and a community hospital, in addition to a variety of independent shops, galleries, restaurants & quality supermarkets (Waitrose and M&S food hall). For more extensive retail and cultural therapy, Worcester, Cheltenham and Birmingham are easily accessible.
The renowned Malvern Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, provide a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities. The Three Counties Showground (4 miles) hosts a wide variety of year round events from national gardens shows, concerts & antique fairs to agricultural & equestrian events. There is also a leisure & spa complex within easy reach, a tennis club and golf club. Malvern Theatres are just 2 minutes from Mackenzies.
• We are advised that the business comes with the benefit of a secure lease for 15 years which has 7 years remaining. The annual rent payable is £16,750