• Wholesale Bakers specialising in Pasties and morning goods
• Supplies both multiple & independent customers
• Continuous growing relationships with national symbol groups
• Valuable inventory of well-maintained equipment
• Two production lines plus vast packaging area
• Growing turnover (1.6m) and profits with capacity to increase
• Excellent local reputation - well established brand
• 2 of its own dedicated retail outlets included in the sale
• Good trading location on a modern industrial estate
• Delivery network covering Devon, Cornwall and Somerset
• Good mix of complementary businesses nearby
• Ideal acquisition for a likeminded business
• SALSA Accredited
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this well presented Specialist Wholesale Bakers and Pasty Specialist. It has been under the proud ownership of our client since its establishment in 2009 during which time they have made considerable investment and improvements to reflect how the business has grown over the years. It is now reluctantly being offered for sale as the owners wish to retire.
During our client’s stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its gorgeous bakery products that include Pasties, Pies, Sausage Rolls, Breads & Baps along with a large range of cakes and donuts.
The business enjoys an excellent trading position on a modern industrial estate in Devon. The good-sized unit is used as the production base where the bakery products are handcrafted. They are then supplied to a variety of Independent business as well as prestigious companies throughout Devon, Cornwall and parts of Somerset. Customers include multiple nationals along with large sports venues that include football and rugby clubs.
Our clients run the company with help from a dedicated team of approximately 40 members of staff. It has around 300 wholesale customers and generates a turnover in the region of £1,600,000 per year rising year on year. 2019 targets already well above expected forecasts, with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover, possibly by running a modest marketing campaign or by expanding the delivery network as there is plenty of demand for their products.
Another avenue for growth could be to expand on the current retail offering including the onsite trade counter takeaway, as the 2 retail outlets are performing very well and working on retail not wholesale margins!
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended.
Substantial and well maintained Leasehold building, benefiting from plenty of car parking situated in an area that contains an excellent mix of complimentary independently owned businesses as well as numerous national companies.
The premises have been well maintained and are fitted and presented to extremely high trade specifications throughout. They provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Trade counter
• Main Office
• Board room
• Package & Distribution Warehouse that includes a flo-pack machine, holding fridge and holding freezer.
• Staff toilets
• Bakery production area containing an array of well maintained bakery equipment that includes, 2 x rack ovens, 2 x deck ovens, 2 x spiral mixers, upright mixer, automatic roll plant, automatic bread plant, raw ingredients fridge, digital prover, meat processing machinery.
• Storage area
• Staff changing room
• Car Park with parking for approximately 10 cars
• Well maintained fleet of 7 delivery vans
• Forklift truck
• ££1,600,000 Per year
Business rates payable: TBC
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
The business stock value is: Approximately £50,000
The business is run by the proprietors with help from a dedicated team of staff who work on an agreed rota basis.
Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
• We are advised that the Landlord will grant a new lease to suitable applicants, the details of which are to be agreed. The current rent payable is £ 30,000 per year.
Each Party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
Strictly by appointment with the vendor’s agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01404 758081
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thank you
We are advised that the Landlord will grant a new lease to suitable applicants, the details of which are to be agreed. The current rent payable is £ 30,000 per year.