An exceptional 5-chair gentleman’s barbers in a high-traffic, central location in this affluent Hampshire town. The owner has developed a very strong brand and reputation, commanding a premium price in the market, with a loyal customer base.
This is a busy and vibrant business, 4 years old and highly profitable, it has achieved strong YOY sales growth every year and further growth of c.25% is forecast in the year ahead. In addition, this retail category continues to grow and demand exceeds supply in this town.
This business is an outstanding opportunity for a buyer to take to the next level:
- Strong brand and registered trademark
- Differentiated ‘premium barber-salon’ positioning
- High quality, loyal team
- Strong record of growth over last few years and expected further growth this year
- Strong sellers profit
- The business is already able to run effectively without the owner’s involvement
- Top-end pricing for the barber category
- A great location in the heart of an affluent town
- A strong relationship with landlord and 6 years remaining on a 10 year lease
- Very high consumer ratings e.g. Google reviews, Facebook etc
- The owner has developed a branded product range, which achieved sales of £6k last year
- EPOS, inventory and booking system
- Management training modules have been developed and are available to the buyer
There are some very strong growth opportunities:
- Extending opening hours during the current 6-day week
- Opening on Sunday
- Price increase opportunities
- Expansion to other locations, creating a branded chain
- The owner has been approached to consider concessions
- The owner is planning to offer a barber-training service
- Leverage the branded product range into wider distribution
This is of course an opportunity for a buyer to simply step into a high-performing, premium barbers. But it also represents a bigger opportunity for a strategic buyer, perhaps already in the category, who recognises the potential in the brand for expansion, perhaps through franchising.
The current owner is selling in order to develop a new and unrelated business opportunity that requires full focus.
We expect significant interest in this business. Seller finance potentially available.
Several competitors locally, but this business has a differentiated positioning
Potential Growth 25% expected in year to April 2020
9am to varying 4:30pm to 8pm
Support and Training: