- Offers in Excess of £350,000 (Exc VAT if applicable)
- Historic landmark building available freehold
- Tremendous opportunity with the benefit of planning permission to extend
- Substantial plot extending to c. 0.77 of an acre
- Two trade bar areas and large restaurant dining area
- Private accommodation with kitchen
- EPC rating: D (89)
The Lord Nelson is a character detached timber framed building with stone and flint construction under a pantiled roof arranged over two stories with single side and rear extensions. The landmark building is currently closed and provides an excellent opportunity for a new owner to refurbish, extend or renovate.
The property is accessed via central lobby reception to two small trade areas to the front, previously used as the bar area served by a small hatch servery and ground floor cellar. Commercial trade kitchen, staff WC and washup area are located to the rear. To the right-hand side is a vaulted dining area, with dedicated male, female and disabled WC’s, for around 30 covers. The first floor provides a lounge, bathroom, bedroom, office and kitchen.
Externally, there is a front and side shingle car park for around 10 cars at present. To the front is a single storey building formerly used as a Post Office. To the rear is an extensive well-stocked, mature grassed trade garden. A road abuts the boundary to the rear making vehicular access possible to the rear, in principle.
The area of the site is 0.77 acres and the ground floor footprint (GEA) of the public house extends to 3,418ft² (approx). Measurements are taken from digital mapping and are approximate.
We are advised by Borough Council of Kings Lynn & West Norfolk that the pub is Grade II Listed, situated within a Conservation Area, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is registered as an Asset of Community Value (ACV).
Planning and Listed Building consent has been granted for a part single, part two storey rear extension and two single storey side extensions, new kitchen, internal alterations and improvements to car park (Ref. 17/01753/F).
Purchasers are recommended to make their own enquiries.
The property is being sold freehold with vacant posession, subject to an overage agreement in relation to residential development and/or conversion.
Rates & Charges
£7,200.00 (based on a Rateable Value of £15,000)
£1355.83 per annum (Band B)
Burnham Thorpe is a picturesque village on the north Norfolk coast made famous as the village where Horatio Nelson was born. Originally named The Plough this pub is known to have been frequented by Nelson and was renamed in his honour in 1798 after the battle of the Nile (Abu Qir). The Lord Nelson is positioned in the centre of the renowned village facing Walsingham Road, opposite the River Burn, the village recreation grounds and bowls club.