• Popular Free House with 4 Bar areas
• 4 Good sized letting rooms
• located in sought after Welsh village
• Well-presented throughout
• Separate Function Room with Lounge area
• Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
• Excellent local reputation
• Self-contained apartment
• Good size customer car park
• Valuable inventory of quality fixtures & fittings
• Genuine retirement sale
• Premises are suitable for all types of cuisine
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this well-presented Public House which occupies a prime trading position in the centre of this sought-after Welsh Village. It dates back to 1898 and has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2007 during which time they have made considerable improvements and refurbishments to the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the owners wish to retire.
During our client’s stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, good food and great service.
This long standing and turnkey opportunity is mainly operated as a Public House with letting rooms that also offers a traditional Pub Fayre menu which is cooked to order. Our clients thriving Public House prides itself as being the heart of the local community offering regular live music nights. The generous first floor function room and lounge are extremely popular.
The business is run by our clients with help from casual staff and generates a turnover in the region of £250,000 per year with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by possibly extending the food offering to include breakfasts.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well-maintained freehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position in the centre of a sought-after village in South Wales.
The premises have been well maintained and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Main Bar with approximately 60 covers. Bar servery with several points of dispense
• Sports Bar with approximately 40 covers. Second Bar servery with several points of dispense
• Ladies Darts Lounge which has approximately 30 covers
• Snug Bar which can accommodate around 30 people
• Ladies Toilets
• Gents Toilets
Ground Floor private owners’ accommodation
• Double bedroom
• Function room that can easily accommodate 140 people
• First Floor Lounge with approximately 45 covers. Bar servery with several points of dispense
• Commercial catering kitchen with extraction that contains an array of well-maintained catering equipment.
• Dessert Preparation room
• Double bedroom
• Double Bedroom
• Double bedroom
• Double bedroom with en-suite facilities
• Garage with ample space for 2 family sized cars
• Beer Garden
• Smoking Shelter
• Monday 4.00pm – Midnight
• Tuesday 4.00pm – Midnight
• Wednesday 4.00pm – Midnight
• Thursday 4.00pm – Midnight
• Friday 4.00pm – Midnight
• Saturday Mid day – Midnight
• Sunday Mid day – Midnight
• £250,000 Per year
Business rates payable: Nil
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
The business stock value is: £20,000
The business is run by the proprietor with help from a dedicated team of full and part time staff who work on an agreed rota basis.
Commercial Energy Performance rating: C
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
For further information or advice, you are advised to make your own enquiries with the relevant local planning office
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices, 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01404 758081
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thankyou
Is accommodation included?:
Sought after South Wales Village with stunning views over the valley