• Superb – 6 bedroom Guest House
• Good size private owners’ accommodation
• Separate detached converted 2 bed Coach House
• Highly visible trading position in sought after Cornish village
• Potential for all year-round trade
• Well-appointed guest facilities
• Long established reputation and regular guest base
• Lots of further potential
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this established 6 bedroom Guest House with generous private owners accommodation and separate detached converted Coach House which is located in the beautiful picturesque Tamar Valley an area of outstanding natural beauty around the rivers Tamar, Tavy and Lynher.
Operating from impressive extremely well presented premises of real charm and character, this exceptionally successful and profitable hotel generates a healthy turnover which suits our clients lifestyle. The room rates vary from £75 per night to £175 per night. A high percentage of guests staying are repeat bookings which is reflected in its TripAdvisor rating of 4(very good)
Drakewalls B & B represents an excellent opportunity to purchase a thriving privately run Guest House were additional regular income is generated by letting out the Coach House. There is scope to further increase trade possibly by running a modest marketing campaign, in order to improve upon the already impressive levels of turnover achieved in the hands of the current proprietors.
The business has built up an excellent reputation and enjoys a high level of repeat bookings due to its l location and friendly welcoming atmosphere.
Well-maintained premises occupying a prominent highly visible position on the main road that runs through the village. Drakewalls House B & B offers 6 tastefully designed and furnished letting bedrooms that include a mix of doubles, twins and a family room. All rooms have modern facilities and there are spacious public areas. There is also a good size two-bedroom owner’s apartment along with a 2-bedroom detached Coach House.
The premises have been sympathetically converted, modernised and extended over the years creating an exceptional standard of business accommodation. The garden benefits from stunning views across the village as well as the valley beyond.
The accommodation briefly comprises:
• Entrance Hall
• Sitting Room:- - 21'4" (6.5m) Into Bay x 10'11" (3.33m)
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room:- - 16'2" (4.93m) x 12'6" (3.81m)
• Utility Room
• Study:- - 11'1" (3.38m) x 11'1" (3.38m).
• Dining Room:- - 16'3" (4.95m) x 11'2" (3.4m)
• First Floor Landing
• Bedroom 1 (Family Suite):- - 11'2" (3.4m) x 9'11" (3.02m)
• Bedroom 2:- - 9'6" (2.9m) x 8'10" (2.69m) with En-Suite Bathroom
• Bedroom 3:- - 11'2" (3.4m) x 11'0" (3.35m)
• Bedroom 4:- - 11'2" (3.4m) x 10'1" (3.07m) with En-Suite Shower Room
• Bedroom 5:- - 11'2" (3.4m) x 11'2" (3.4m)
• Bathroom:- - 6'9" (2.06m) x 6'0" (1.83m)
• Second Floor Landing:
• Owners Bedroom:- - 20'1" (6.12m) x 11'1" (3.38m)
• Bathroom:- - 10'10" (3.3m) x 7'10" (2.39m)
• Office/Hobbies Room:- - 10'10" (3.3m) x 6'2" (1.88m)
• Spacious gardens surround the property and consist of an enclosed front garden mainly laid to lawn with feature Palm tree.
• Patio/terrace with log store and purpose built raised pond with waterfall feature.
• Raised vegetable plots and low-level beds with a variety of plants and spring shrubs.
• Timber pergola with climbing plant and a greenhouse.
• Open fronted garage with power and light connected
• Additional parking for several vehicles adjacent to the garage.
• Further parking for the guest house at the front of the main house.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
The business is run by the proprietors with help from part time staff as required
Business Rates and Council Tax
We are advised that the business rates payable currently are: TBC
The business is run at a pace to suit the owner’s lifestyle
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction. This may not include the landlord’s costs.
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices, 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01297 598080
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thankyou
Gunnislake features a selection of shops including a Post Office, Butcher, General Store, Doctor's Surgery, Café and public houses. There is a train station approximately a mile from the hamlet with links into the City of Plymouth and the Tamar Valley is well known for its wonderful scenery and community. The nearby town of Callington is surrounded by beautiful countryside within the heart of South East Cornwall and is a short distance from the Tamar Valley, Bodmin Moor & Dartmoor. Callington has many amenities to offer such as a selection of individual and nationally owned shops, primary and secondary schooling, doctors, dentists, bank, sport clubs, churches. The towns of Tavistock, Liskeard, Launceston, and Saltash are all within approximately 15 miles, whilst the city of Plymouth is approximately 19 miles to the south and is the major retail centre for the area together with a cross channel ferry service. retail centre for the area together with cross channel ferry service.
• Extensive inventory of quality fixtures and fittings included
• Turnkey business
• Wonderful lifestyle opportunity
Is accommodation included?:
Gunnislake features a selection of shops including a Post Office, Butcher, General Store, Doctor's Surgery, Café and public houses. There is a train station approximately a mile from the hamlet with links into the City of Plymouth and the Tamar Valley is well known for its wonderful scenery and community. The nearby town of Callington is surrounded by beautiful countryside within the heart of South East Cornwall and is a short distance from the Tamar Valley, Bodmin Moor & Dartmoor. Callington ha