* Covers for 47 with ground floor cafe and lower ground floor cellar style seating
* Turnover approximately £72,000, net profit £28,000
* Suitable for a wide variety of trading styles
* High Street location with prominent return frontage
* Low cost base with annual rent of £6,000
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
The property is situated on the corner of High Street and Grenville Street, with a wide variety of retail, office and leisure operators in the immediate vicinity including Pound Stretcher, The Original Factory Store and Ladbrokes.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a refurbished cafe lock up unit (redecorated summer 2016) with ground floor covers for circa 25 and cellar style seating for a further 22. The fit out of the premises suits both daytime and evening trade with the ground floor having light and contemporary surroundings and the lower ground floor having exposed beam ceiling joists offering a cellar style environment. The premises are well suited to offer a wide variety of trading styles dependent on new owners requirements.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest and an assignment of the existing lease which has a current rent of £6,000 per annum.
Our clients have owned the business since 2013 and operate with little / no staffing. Turnover for each of the first two years trade has been approximately £72,000 with 2016 yearend showing a net profit of £28,000. Current opening hours are Mon – Sat 10.00am – 4.00pm, with summer opening on a Sunday. Our clients also undertake 2 - 4 themed evening events per month.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
28`3 x 18`2 (8.60 m x 5.55 m) Table and chair seating on ground floor and balcony level with covers for circa 25, wood flooring, down lighters and ceiling hung lighting, counter and coffee servery with double coffee machine, coffee grinder, background music speakers, timber wainscoting,
Counter fridges, electric combi oven, 6 burner gas oven, double deep fat fryer, griddle, extraction system, microwave, contact grill, stainless steel single drainer sink, dishwasher, freezer, non slip floor, stainless steel clad walls, double chiller, ice machine, adjoining wash up area with dishwasher, stainless steel single drainer sink, chest freezer, second kitchen area (not fitted and currently used for storage with freezer and fridge / freezer)
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
Separate street level entrance
LOWER GROUND FLOOR SEATING
29`3 x 13`6 (8.90 m x 4.10 m) Cellar style seating with covers for circa 22, beamed ceiling, background music speakers, 3 electric wall panel heaters
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
* Prominent double fronted unit * Within pedestrianised area of the Town Centre * Daytime trade only, 6 day...More Details
Popular SANDWICH BAR/COFFEE SHOP/CAFÉ, developing EAST DEVON town, situated in AXMINSTER, close to main squ...More Details
Daytime CAFÉ/COFFEE HOUSE, busy MID DEVON market town, close EXETER, situated on CREDITON High Street, part...More Details