Business for sale for £140,000
Fixtures & Fittings £20,000.
• Established since 2012.
• Bespoke Yacht Charter and Sailing Holidays.
• Enviable reputation with numerous positive reviews.
• Based in Korfos in the stunning Peloponnese area of Greece.
• Only 1 ½ hour transfer time from Athens Airport.
• Ideal base for sailing around the Greek Islands.
• 50ft Bavaria Sailing / Cruising Yacht, ( built in 1999).
• Exceptionally well equipped with high standard of fixture and fittings throughout.
• 10 Berth with 3 x heads.
• Volvo Penta 75 marine diesel engine – new in 2017.
• Full set of sails, linen and housekeeping.
• Low overheads and no berthing fees.
• Currently offering weekly chartered sailing holidays, skippered by the owner.
• Season is generally March to October.
• Scope to significantly expand business, including ‘full’ and ‘half’ day sailing days, training.
• Yacht licenced and ‘coded’ for Commercial Use in Greece.
• Website, branding, all social media platforms and extensive client database included.
• Comprehensive local support, back up, contacts and partnerships.
Rutter Green Commercial is delighted to offer for sail this highly regarded yacht charter and sailings holiday business based in Greece. The business is located within the picturesque harbour of Korfos in the gorgeous Peloponnese area of Greece. The harbour is easily accessible being only 1 ½ hours transfer time from Athens International Airport which is serviced by most major carriers as well as budget airlines.
The business has been established since 2012 and has built up an enviable reputation with an extensive customer base and much repeat custom. Essentially, the business offers bespoke sailing holidays and yacht charter from which to explore the stunning coastlines and scenery of the Greek Islands. It is operated by a husband and wife team who provide one-week private and small group sailing holidays allowing guests to explore the unique islands, hidden swimming coves, local restaurants and quaint towns.
Generally, the sailing holidays are offered on a weekly basis with a maximum of 6 places on each cruise, leaving the aft cabin and heads for private owners / skipper’s accommodation. Guests require no previous sailing experience and can chose their own itinerary or be guided by the owner’s different sailing schedules. Guests generally are provided with light breakfasts, lunches, drinks and snacks whilst on board. Most evenings are spent moored in a variety of picturesque harbours allowing the option of exploring the ‘real’ Greece; either local cuisine, quay bars, tavernas or simply relaxing on the yacht.
The business sale includes the stunning 10 berth Bavaria 50ft sailing / cruising yacht which was built in 1999 and has been meticulously maintained throughout. It is has the robust and desirable Volvo Penta 75 inboard marine diesel engine installed, which was fitted new in 2017. The yacht is exceptionally well-equipped including a full set of sails (new in 2016) which have seen little use, as well as spares. The berths are tastefully decorated and have a full range of linen, galley and housekeeping items. The yacht fully complies with all Greek Regulations and is ‘coded’ and licenced for Commercial Use. There are no berthing fees associated with the business as the yacht benefits from its own sheltered swinging mooring. Contacts can be given for a ‘marina’ based mooring of desired.
The owners are now reluctantly selling the business as they have too many commitments back in the UK demanding of their time. They are willing to provide an extensive handover as required, including advice on training if necessary. Over the years they have built up an invaluable wealth of knowledge and local contacts to simplify the day to day operation of the business which will be transferred to the new owner. A weekly hire is typically charged at between £3500 and £5000 per week depending on the time of year, with a trading season normally operating from March to October. The business is run at a reduced pace to suit our clients and offers infinite scope to increase turnover further. For someone who intends to be based in Greece more often there is certainly potential and demand for half day and full day excursions as well as having more formal partnerships with some of the numerous local contacts.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase a well-established and popular sailing holidays business in such an idyllic trading location. There remains ample opportunities to scale up and develop the business further if desired. Early discussions with Rutter Green Commercial, in confidence, must come highly recommended.
Rutter Green Commercial Ref. No. 1381.
Telephone 01942 597370
Sailing holidays business for sale.
Yacht charter business for sale.