* Overlooking Crooklets Beach and Bude Bay
* Contemporary beachside cafe with covers for 34 and outside covers for 100
* Same ownership for past 20 years
* Currently undertaking manageable daytime operation with scope to offer evening meals
* Operated by one owner with team of staff
For many years Bude has been known as one of Cornwall’s most popular family seaside resorts, thanks to its large sandy beach, visitor accommodation and facilities. As a result the town has a brisk tourist trade, but the area known as Bude-Stratton also has a vibrant living and working community of over 18,000 that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Ongoing growth in the area includes the Binhamy Road housing development, which by 2023 will have added a further 420 houses. Bude-Stratton lies next to the ‘Atlantic Highway’ A39, which runs to Bideford (25 miles) and Barnstaple (34 miles) to the north, and down to Tintagel (19 miles) and Padstow (35 miles) to the south, and carries a regular bus service linking these coastal towns.
Situated adjacent to Crooklets Beach and Crooklets Beach car park the premises offers a unique trading location overlooking Bude Bay and its golden sands.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The beachside premises is of two storey construction with rendered elevations and feature exposed stonework pillars under a pitched tiled roof, with the cafe area extending to circa 1,182 sq.ft (110 sq.m) plus additional storage, circulation, welfare facilities and first floor office space. Internally the contemporary beach cafe offers covers for circa 34 with adjoining servery and open plan kitchen. Externally there are further covers for approximately 100 with beach facing seating to the front and seating to the side which still retain views of the beach. To the rear of the property is a parking area which our client utilises for her private and staff car parking.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest by way of an assignment of the existing lease, with rental quarterly in advance.
The business has been owner occupied by our client for the past 20 years and offers a traditional beach cafe menu including breakfasts, sandwiches, snacks, ice creams, hot and cold drinks etc. It is thought new owners may wish to extend the menu and opening hours to include evening meals. Current opening hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm summer and 9.30am - 5.30pm winter, although these can be altered to suit new owners. Further accountancy information available upon request.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment, with some of the trade inventory remaining within the Landlords ownership.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
34'5 x 34`4 (10.50 m x 10.45 m) Contemporary fit out with table and chair seating for 34, double glazed windows and double glazed front and side entrances, take-away hatch server, false ceiling with recessed lighting, fire and intruder system, CCTV, speaker system, wall mounted TV, electric roller shutters. Main counter server with 2 x EPOS tills, Corian worktop, milk fridge, triple drinks chiller, 2 x double drinks chillers, coffee machine, 2 x stainless steel wash hand basins.
Open plan kitchen area with 2 x freezers, stainless steel sink unit, Blue Seal oven, 2 x microwaves, double deep fat fryer, extractor system, 2 x warming gantries, dishwasher, chip scuttle, griddle
Ice machine, freezers, fridges, 2 x chest freezers, storage shelving, rear access to owner car parking
Hallway with tiled floor
TOILET – UTILISED AS STORAGE
20`6 x 16`11 (6.25 m x 5.15 m) 2 x Velux windows
There is further seating to the front of the premises overlooking the beach as well as to the side of the cafe. In total there are outside covers for circa 100. To the rear of the premises is a car parking area with is currently utilised by the owner and staff.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com