Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Q’s Coffee Shop & Bistro, which was established by our clients in 2006.
Our clients are now looking for a change of pace in their life. Q’s is open at breakfast through to lunch 6 days a week and for the evening trade 3 times a week. The café/bistro has room for 44 covers and serves hot drinks and cake along with breakfast, lunch and dinner with a full premises licence.
The business comes with an owners/manager flat.
Q’s prides itself on its cosy atmosphere and due to its location in town, it attracts many local businesses for lunch either eat in or take away. With the cinema being opposite, this is a great location for cinema goers especially on big film nights. The owners inform us that due to their reputation in town they are always fully booked on the run up to and at Christmas for Christmas parties and dinners.
Having been established since 2006 Q’s is a well-known and much revisited establishment and has 5* Facebook reviews along with 4.5* TripAdvisor reviews. The business is being sold with the website www.qsbistro.co.uk Q’s is a profitable business, however, there scope for development, by considering some or all of these options.
• Extending opening hours. The business is currently closed Mondays daytime and only opens Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Currently the business runs at approximately 60% lunch trade/40% evening trade.
• Apply for a music licence, in order to introduce themed nights
• Utilise the website for promotions etc. Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.Location
Q’s Coffee Shop & Bistro is located in the middle of town in Fakenham, Norfolk. Fakenham is a market town with a population of circa 8,000, however, the town is growing with further development of housing.
Fakenham has a steady stream of visitors throughout the year, which bring in a good footfall for both the daytime and evening trade. Q’s is located on a corner position in the town centre, close to the cinema and other shops. There are several car parks close by.Premises
Entrance door to the main restaurant area with:
• Wood flooring and seating for 44-46 over 14 tables,
• Menus board
• Sash windows
• Rear door
• Cupboard housing two freezers
• Storage cupboard with Worcester boiler
• Gas central heating radiators
• Doors to toilets
• Bar area
• Doorway to the staff accommodation.
Bar area has shelving for glasses, fridge/freezer, fridge, freezer, glass washer, coffee machine and microwave. 5* hygiene rated stainless steel industrial kitchen consisting of:
• Preparation table and drawers
• 6 burner stoves
• Hot cupboard
• Single fryer
• Dry goods store
• Industrial extractor fan
• Dishwasher Owners/managers accommodation was fully refurbished in 2016 and is accessed via stairs off the main restaurant that lead into the kitchen with a door to the main living area with sleeping area off. There is a door to the bathroom with a three-piece suite with shower above the bath and from the bathroom is a door to a balcony. The area has UPVC double glazing and gas radiator heating.Tenure
We are advised the business is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity. There is currently a 5-year Lease that expires September 2018 with a rent of £19,240 per annum. The upstairs area is included within this rent. We have been informed by our client that the business rates are currently £660 per annum. The landlord would be looking to grant a new lease to the new owner of the business.Hours
Tuesday & Wednesday: 9.30 am – 2.00 pm
Thursday: 9.30 am – 2.00 pm & 6.30 pm – finish, The kitchen closes at 8.30 pm
Friday & Saturday: 9.30 am – 2.00 pm & 6.30 pm – finish, the kitchen closes at 8.30 pm
Sunday: 10.00 am – 2.00 pm There is no official closing time for the evening, but the kitchen stops serving at 8.30.
We have been informed that there are no restrictions on the Lease with regards to opening times and the new owner should look at extending the hours to increase turnover.Staff
The business is run and managed by our clients, with the help of some part time and 1 full time members of staff.Financial Profile
Q’s Coffee Shop & Bistro generated an advised turnover of circa £126,414 as of the 2017 accounts, with a gross profit of £90,859, a net profit of £15,662 and an adjusted net profit of £36,002