Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Chef’s Kitchen, an outstanding A3 cafe business established by our client 4 years ago and now offered for sale due to family commitments. There has been a cafe on this site for over 20 years and there is a very loyal customer base included.
Our client spent over £50,000 in a total transformation of the unit 4 years ago which included new electrics, boiler, large disabled friendly toilet, decoration, equipment including the restoration of the large kitchen skylight.
The extensive menu includes 5 set breakfasts, choose your own breakfast items, choice of extras, kids breakfasts, Mediterranean or American breakfasts, burgers, jacket potatoes, omelettes, salads, a large lunchtime menu with choice of favourites, roast dinners, kid dinners, rolls and baguettes, paninis and bagels as well as choice of desserts, milkshakes, soft drinks, fresh bean to cup coffees and teas. Most items can be prepared to Take Away too.
The cafe attracts a healthy mix of customers with many builders, local school mums and local business workers during the weekdays with the busy weekend trade been dominated my local families, couples and loyal elderly customers.
The turnover is 100% derived from walk in customers and there is much demand in the area for deliveries, especially at the weekend. Many similar Cafe businesses in London achieve a further 40% in sales with linking to delivery partners such as Just Eat, Deliveroo or Uber eats.
The larger than normal Kitchen would also be ideal for any new buyer looking to add outside catering services to the current daytime driven trade.
Our client informs us she uses a good quality Butcher delivery service for bacon and sausage, local JJ’s, Bookers or Supermarkets. Our client is very proud of the businesses 5 star hygiene rating, excellent standards of cleanliness and customer feedback.
The busiest periods are between 11-2 and Weekends.
Due to the standard of this unit, the size, location and potential for further growth we recommend early viewing to avoid disappointment.Location
Chef’s Kitchen occupies a highly enviable trading position on Blackfen Road in Sidcup, Kent.
Blackfen Road is a very busy collection of independent retailers, garages, bars, building companies, high street banks and building societies including the nearby Co - Op store which offers a free 2 hour customer carpark.
There are 3 popular schools - Blackfen School for Girls, Sherwood Park Primary school and Days Lane Primary school within 5 mins walk from the cafe.
Sidcup is a district of south east London, primarily in the London Borough of Bexley and just 11 miles south east of Charing Cross. The cafe benefits from being just 2 mins drive off the busy A2 which connects Dartford into central London.
The nearest mainline station is Falconwood.
There is also some limited parking directly outside the cafePremises
Ground floor -
- Large 56 cover dining space which includes modern dark wood chairs and tables, light grey and white painted walls, clear wall mounted menu boards
- Secure office area/ storeroom
- New customer toilet with disabled access and baby changing facilities
- Service counter - includes 2M wide glass fronted display chiller, FOL upright drinks fridge, EPOS till system with card machine, 2 x arm semi-automated coffee machine and grinder, hot water earn, large stainless steel stand with under storage, undercounter fridge
- Open plan kitchen - includes 2 x toasters, 6 ring gas oven, 4 x pan Bain Marie, 4 x stainless steel preparation tables, trolley, large griddle, full length extraction unit, double fryer, 3 x microwaves, double stainless steel prep sink unit, hand wash sink, 1 large upright fridge, large ceiling skylight and side access to the shared yard. Note - the kitchen is clad in very good stainless steel panels
- Rear storeroom - 2 x racking shelving units, 2 x chest freezers, stainless steel prep tables, 1 x large upright freezer, double glass fronted chiller
We are advised the business is being offered as a Leasehold with 6 years remaining on a 10 year renewable lease paying just £15,600 per year. The business also benefits from full small business paying 0 in the current year.Hours
Monday to Saturday - 7am to 3.30pmStaff
Sunday - 9 - 330 pm
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of 2 full time members of the team and 2 weekends part time membersFinancial Profile
The business generates a yearly Turnover in the region of £130,000.