Cafes for sale in Haywards Heath

View the "Picnic Sussex Handcross, Haywards Heath RH17 6BJ" below and request further details. Alternatively, please view the similar businesses in the 'You May Also Like' box below.

  I had the first inquiry within a week and my second inquiry led to the sale of my business!  

Katie Crompton (Sept 2017)
View More
Leasehold Price: £28,500 Sale Agreed Turnover: £51,376 Gross Profit: £32,132
Request Details
Business Description
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Picnic Sussex.

Picnic Sussex has been managed by the current owners for 3 years and due to the commitment and service they provide they have gained a very loyal customer base, with 90% of their trade being repeat customers from local businesses, building sites and commuters, with the other 10% coming from local residents. The shop itself is a characterful building with period features, a large window display area, a substantially sized kitchen and a store room.

Picnic Sussex provides a selection of breakfast and lunch options, such as;

• Hot/cold sandwiches
• Handmade sausage rolls
• Toasties
• Salads
• An array of home baked biscuits, tray bakes and sweet treats
• Hot and cold beverages such as; tea, coffee and cold cans

They also provide catering for events such as conferences, parties and gatherings and make bespoke cakes to order for all occasions, including weddings and birthdays.

The current owners are now looking to sell this established business to pursue new ventures.

Scope to Improve;

• Add a seating area
• Explore delivery service options
• Offer speciality coffee and teas
• Extend the opening hours to include late afternoons/evenings/weekends
• Explore online discounters such as Wowcher and Groupon
• Maximise the use of social media

Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.

Picnic Sussex is located along the High Street in Handscross, West Sussex.

The premises are along a parade of shops with other complementary businesses, such as a newsagent, beauticians and a furniture shop.

Picnic Sussex is also situated on a busy road which allows excellent visibility to passing traffic.

Handcross is a village in the Mid Sussex District of West Sussex which lies on the A23 road 4.2 miles South of Crawley and approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes drive to London

Handcross Primary School is situated at the northern end of the village there is also Handcross Park School which is an independent prep school.

Picnic Sussex is 3.6 miles from Balcombe train station which provides an overground Southern, Thameslink and Gatwick Express service calling at stations such as Gatwick Airport, Clapham Junction and London Victoria.

Full length windows and glazed doors to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior.

Once in the premises you are greeted with a nostalgic rustic interior with wooden flooring, this leads to the display cabinets which display the freshly prepared sandwiches and cakes.

Behind the display cabinets is the preparation area where you will find the sink, fridges, freezers, till system and cooking facilities, this then leads to the storage area where you will also find the staff toilet facilities

Equipment included in the sale of the business;

Coffee machines

• 2 x chiller display units
• Hotplate
• Turbo fan oven
• Stainless steel fridge
• Stainless steel freezer
• Toastie machine
• Microwave oven
• 2 x panini machines
• Food mixer
• Toaster
• Meat grinder
• Domestic upright fridge
• Slow cooker


We are advised that Picnic Sussex is being offered a Leasehold business with 2 years remaining from the original 5 years Lease. A new lease would be available to the new owners subject to discussion with the landlord.

The advised rent is £9,600 per annum which is very reasonable given the size of the premises

We are advised that there are currently no business rates payable.

Monday-Friday: 8.00 am – 3.00 pm

The business is run and managed by the two owners.

Financial Profile
Picnic Sussex generated an advised turnover of £51,376 with an advised £32,132 gross profit.

Assets are worth an advised £8,000

SAV is an advised £1,000

Tenure: Leasehold

Listed by: Hilton Smythe

Find out more about this business opportunity.

Would you like a free no-obligation discusson with a qualified finance provider who could help you to buy this business?
You will ONLY be contacted by your local ASC Finance director. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.
Please note that Daltons Business will send the above details to the seller of the business. By submitting this form, you confirm that you agree to our website terms of use, our privacy policy and consent to cookies being stored on your computer.
Seller Reference:
You May Also Like...
We use cookies to give you the best possible online experience. If you continue, we'll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. Find out more