Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Pleasant Eatery.
There has been a café on this popular site for over 30 years and the current owner has run it successfully and lucratively for the last 10 years and the business has flourished under her ownership.
The business is now being sold albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to the owners wish to take a well-earned retirement and spend more time with her grandchildren.
Pleasant Eatery is a popular café and sandwich shop offering;
• Light lunches
• Hot and cold snacks
• Hot and cold sandwiches
• Jacket potatoes
• Teas, coffees and hot
• Cakes and pastries.
• Breads and rolls.
Additionally, the business provides sandwiches for local stores and fills the vending machines at several local businesses.
The business has lots of regular customers many of whom are known on a first name basis by the current owner who is a popular and well-respected member of the local community.
The business is proud of its five-star hygiene rating. The business enjoys great visibility on the internet with many flattering reviews.
Scope to Improve
1. Advertising and marketing campaign
2. Maximise the use of social media particularly Facebook and Twitter
3. Extend the opening hours perhaps by opening as a bistro in the evenings
4. Website to extol services offered ideally with an online ordering facility
5. Develop the outside catering side of the business
6. Start a sandwich round delivering to local businesses
7. Introduce a Sunday Roast offering, lots of older residents locally who would find this useful.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early to avoid disappointment.Location
Pleasant Eatery is located in Shrewsbury in the county of Shropshire.
Shrewsbury is the county town of Shropshire the town is on the River Severn and the 2011 census recorded a population of 71,715.
Located 9 miles east of the Welsh border, Shrewsbury serves as the commercial centre for Shropshire and Mid Wales with a retail output of over £299 million per year.
The A5 and A49 trunk roads come together as the towns by-pass and five railway lines meet at Shrewsbury railway station. The town is located 150 north-west of London.
Pleasant Eatery is perfectly positioned at the beginning of a small but vibrant and busy shopping parade alongside other complimentary retail businesses such as a convenience store and a branch of Lloyd’s Bank.
The business faces a busy main road and as such benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade. The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage. There is free on street parking immediately outside the premises.Premises
Pleasant Eatery occupies the ground floor of an end terraced retail unit which briefly comprises;
Sandwich Shop / Café.
• Double fronted with windows.
• Glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior.
• vinyl non-slip flooring.
• fluorescent lighting enhanced by multi directional spotlighting.
• Red leather effect sofa and chaise.
• nice quality tables and chairs currently providing 4 covers but room for more.
• Perimeter shelving for crisps and snacks.
• Glass fronted drinks chillers.
• Bread shelving.
• Glass fronted serve over counter.
• Glass pie warmer.
• Open plan kitchen to rear of counter with a range of white base units with a complimentary dark worktop.
• 2 Flavell range style cookers with induction hobs and ovens beneath.
• stainless steel splashbacks.
• stainless extractor.
• microwave oven.
• twin Panini maker.
• 2 hot plates.
• Santon boiler
• single basket fryer
• 3 soup kettles,
• 2 four slot toasters,
• milkshake maker,
• 2 meat slicers,
• coffee machine,
• 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink and drainer with Monobloc tap, separate stainless-steel hand wash basin.
Dry Goods Room
Generous store room with glass topped freezer, larder freezer, perimeter shelving and run of worktop along with floor storage space.
Another generous room with chest freezer, stainless steel Frigomac Commercial fridge and office space.
There is an allocated parking space to the right-hand side of the business premises.Tenure
We are advised that the business is being sold as a leasehold business opportunity.
The existing 5-year lease has approximately two years remaining, and the rent is a very reasonable £9000 per annum.
We are further advised that the landlord would be happy to negotiate a mutually acceptable lease with a new owner.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.Hours
To Be Advised.Staff
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of two-part time members of staff.Financial Profile
Pleasant Eatery generates an advised current turnover of approximately £78,000 per annum but it needs to be stressed that the business is currently being run at a pace to suit.