• Recently refurbished throughout
• Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
• Excellent local reputation
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Good mix of complementary businesses nearby
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this extremely well presented Café with separate Coffee shop which occupies a prime trading position in the main shopping street of this popular Cornish town. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2010 during which time they have made considerable investment in an extensive refurbishment of the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendor wishes to retire. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and great service.
Scoffs of Bodmin enjoys a central town centre trading position on a busy shopping thoroughfare with good pedestrian flow. Shoppers are attracted to the area by the range of businesses on offer. This thriving refurbished business is operated as a daytime Café with separate Coffee Shop next door. The Café serves a range of easy to prepare items to include hot and cold drinks, breakfasts, lunches, snacks, cakes, Sandwiches etc. The Sunday lunch is extremely popular. All produce is sourced locally wherever possible and all food is freshly prepared and cooked to order. It is considered the premises are suitable for all types of cuisine.
Scoffs of Bodmin is run by our clients with help from a dedicated team of part time staff and generates a turnover in the region of £106,000 per year with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by extending the opening hours to include evenings especially in the summer months.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well maintained leasehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position, on one of the main roads that runs through Bodmin town centre.
The premises have been well maintained and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Open plan customer seating area with a range of free standing high backed chairs and free standing wooden tables comfortably seating 40 plus customers in total. Solid wood Customer Servery with solid wood work surfaces, under counter open storage, electronic cash register. Designated cooking rea with extraction over.
• Kitchen containing a good selection of well-maintained catering equipment. Range of base units with solid wood worktops.
• Coffee shop with a range of tables chairs and sofas. Servery with glass fronted display cabinet and Ital Crem coffee machine.
• Store room
• Freezer Room
• Store room
• Ladies Toilet
• Gents Toilets
• 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Saturday
• 10.00am – 3.00pm Sunday
• £106,000 Per year
Business rates payable: £10,300 per year
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
The business stock value is: £2,000
The business is run by the proprietor with help from a dedicated team of part time staff who work on an agreed rota basis.
Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
Potential tenants are advised to make their own enquiries to Cornwall County Council East 1 Beacon Technology Park Bodmin Pl31 2fR
• We are advised that the business comes with the benefit of a secure lease which was originally for 6 years 11 months and has 1.5 years remaining.
• Our client informs us that the landlord is willing to grant a new lease to suitable applicants
• The annual rent payable is £8,000 plus £5,200 for the coffee shop
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on 01297 598080
Bodmin is well placed in central Cornwall being virtually equidistant for both the north and south Cornish coastlines, both of which offer quite differing environments. The more rugged north Cornish coastline has the Atlantic swells meeting its golden sandy beaches providing excellent bathing and surfing conditions together with scenic cliff top walks that can be enjoyed from the South West Coastal Footpath. The softer south Cornish coast is a short drive away with picturesque fishing villages such as Looe and Mevagissey and the deep natural harbour at Fowey with its sailing clubs and wide range of leisure craft facilities making it a yachting haven and a popular port with its picturesque ancient streets of varied shops.
Scoffs Of Bodmin
5 Honey Street
• We are advised that the business comes with the benefit of a secure lease
Leasehold: £12,500 per annum Well fitted licensed café / restaurant in Sennen, near Sennen Cove and Lands E...More Details
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this respected Café business which is located in the...More Details
• 24 COVERS AS CURRENTLY ARRANGED • SPACIOUS 3 BED RESIDENTIAL ACCOMMODATION OVER • PRESENTED IN GOOD ORDER...More Details