• Well-presented throughout
• Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
• Excellent local reputation
• Desirable trading position just off the main street
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Good mix of complementary businesses nearby
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this extremely well presented Café which occupies a prime trading position just off the main shopping street of this popular Dorset town. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2015. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market for family reasons. During our client’s stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and great service.
This extremely well presented turnkey cafe enjoys a central town centre trading position on a busy shopping thoroughfare with good pedestrian flow. Shoppers are attracted to the area by the range of businesses on offer. This thriving business is operated as a daytime Café which serves a range of easy to prepare items to include hot and cold drinks, breakfasts, lunches, snacks, cakes, Sandwiches etc. The breakfast is extremely popular. All produce is sourced locally wherever possible and all food is freshly prepared and cooked to order. It is considered the premises are suitable for all types of cuisine.
The business is run by our clients with help from a dedicated team of part time staff and generates a turnover in the region of £130,000 per year with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover possibly running a modest marketing campaign or by extending the opening hours to include earlier in the morning or evenings, especially in the summer months.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well maintained leasehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position on the main road that runs through this popular Dorset town. It is surrounded by an excellent mix of complimentary independent owned and multiple businesses.
The premises have been well maintained and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Open plan customer seating area with a range of free standing high backed chairs and free standing wooden tables comfortably seating 26 plus customers in total. Customer Servery with ample work surfaces, under counter open storage and electronic cash register behind which is a good sized preparation area.
• Well fitted commercial catering kitchen with extraction
• Store room
• Customer seating at tables and chairs on rear decking area
• Customer seating at tables and chairs to front
A suite of 5 further good sized rooms are used by the business. These are rented via an informal rental agreement. The current rent payable is £250 per month. We have been advised by our clients that they can see no reason why this could not continue.
• 8.00am – 4.00pm Monday – Saturday
• 9.00am – 3.00pm Sunday
• £130,000 Per year
Business rates payable: £9,000 per year
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
The business stock value is: £1000
The business is run by the proprietor with help from a dedicated team of part time staff who work on an agreed rota basis.
Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
• We are advised that the business comes with the benefit of a secure lease which was originally for 10 years and has 8 years remaining.
• Rent reviews are every 3 years
• The annual rent payable is £24,000
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on 01297 598080
We are advised that the business comes with the benefit of a secure lease which was originally for 10 years and has 8 years remaining.