• Popular Café & Takeaway near Coventry
• Desirable trading position in Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve
• Area is a (SSSI) European Site Of Specific Interest for Wildlife
• Well-presented throughout
• Healthy turnover and profits with scope to improve
• Excellent local reputation
• Valuable inventory of quality fixtures & fittings
• Plenty of customer parking
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Sensible trading hours – no evenings
• Good mix of complementary businesses in the Visitor Centre
• Genuine reason for sale
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this extremely well-presented Cafe which occupies a unique trading location in the beautiful Brandon Marsh Nature reserve near Coventry. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2016 during which time they have made considerable investment and improvements. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the owners wish to concentrate on their other business interests.
During our client’s stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, fantastic food, superb value, and great service.
This thriving business is mainly operated as a daytime Cafe with food being cooked to order and where all produce is sourced locally wherever possible. It is considered the premises are suitable for all types of cuisine.
The business is run by our client with help from a dedicated team of full and part time staff. It generates a turnover in the region of £168,000 per year with healthy gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by possibly running a modest marketing campaign or by extending the opening hours to include earlier in the morning or in the evening.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Dedicated Café within the visitors centre which is fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Ground Floor Café Area which is open plan and has seating for approximately 55 customers
• Servery area which features an attractive glass display cabinet
• Kitchen which contains a good selection of well-maintained catering equipment
• 10.00am – 4.00pm Monday – Sunday
• Closed Christmas day and Boxing day
Business rates payable: Nil
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• The business comes with the benefit of a secure lease which was originally for 10 years and has 6 year remaining.
• The current annual rent payable is £1,800 per year plus an agreed percentage of the turnover generated by the business.
Please Note: The Code for Leasing Business Premises in England and Wales strongly recommends you seek professional advice from a qualified surveyor, solicitor, or licensed conveyancer before agreeing or signing a business tenancy agreement. The Code is available through professional institutions and trade associations or through the website: www.leasingbusinesspremises.co.uk
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
The business stock value is: £2,000
The business is run by the proprietor with help from a dedicated team of full and part time staff
Commercial Energy Performance rating: B
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
For further information, you should make your own enquiries to Coventry City Council PO Box 15 Council House Coventry CV1 5RR
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices, 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01404 758081
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thank you
The cafe is located in the visitor centre in the beautiful Brandon Marsh Nature reserve near Coventry
The business comes with the benefit of a secure lease which was originally for 10 years and has 6 year remaining. The current annual rent payable is £1,800 per year plus an agreed percentage of the turnover generated by the business.