Cafes for sale in Welling

View the "Popular Cafe with Loyal Customer Base" below and request further details. Alternatively, please view the similar businesses in the 'You May Also Like' box below.

Popular Cafe with Loyal Customer Base

Welling, London, England

  • Leasehold Price: £95,000
  • Turnover: £180,000
  • Gross Profit: £126,000
Seller Reference: B04548
Request DetailsEmail email
Business Description
Image 1 of 5 video_library
Seller Reference: B04548
Request Details
Business Description
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Mums Cafe.

Mums Cafe has been managed by the current owner for 6 years and due to the commitment and service they provide they have gained a very loyal customer base with 80% of their business being repeat customers from local residents and the other 20% coming from passing trade due to their prominent position.

Mums Cafe provides dishes such as;

• Full English
• Fish and chips
• Sausage and mash
• Roasts
• Salads
• Omelettes
• Selection of sandwiches and baguettes freshly made at the premises.

They also offer an array of hot and cold beverages such as coffee, tea, hot chocolate and milkshake.

The current owner is now looking to sell this established business to pursue new ventures.

Scope to Improve;

• New advertising and marketing campaign
• Explore online discounters such as Wowcher and Groupon
• Maximise the use of social media
• Extend the opening hours to include evenings.

Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.

Mums Cafe is located along Upper Wickham Lane in Welling, the premises is along a parade of shops with other complementary businesses, such as a newsagents and a furniture wholesalers.

Mums Cafe is also situated on a busy road which allows excellent visibility to passing traffic.

Welling is a town in the London Borough of Bexley, which has common borders with the London Borough of Bromley to the South, the Royal Borough of Greenwich to the West, across the River Thames to the north it borders the London Borough of Havering.

The London Borough of Bexley is within the Thames Gateway, an area designated as a national priority for urban regeneration. The local authority is Bexley London Borough Council.

Mums Cafe is 0.7 mile from Welling train station which provides an overground Southeastern service calling at stations such as London Bridge, Waterloo and Charing Cross.

Full length windows and glazed doors to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior.

At the front of the premises there is outside seating for 16 with a canopy for customers to enjoy shelter from sunny days.

Once in the cafe you are greeted with a tile flooring, and seating for 60, to the rear of the premises to the left is separate gender customer toilets parallel to this is the counter where the coffee machine and till system is housed, to the left of the counter is the drinks chiller with a selection of cold beverages.

Behind the counter is the kitchen area which leads out to the rear exit where you will find the shed and small rear garden.

Equipment included in the sale of the business:

• 15 x tables
• Till system
• Coffee machine
• 4 burner oven
• 2 x fryers
• 2 x microwaves
• 2 x fridge
• 2 x chest freezers
• Dishwasher
• Panini machine
• Bains Marie

We are advised that Mums Cafe is being offered a Leasehold business with 4 years remaining from the original 16 years Lease.

The advised rent is £17,500 per annum which is very reasonable given the size of the premises

We are advised that there are currently £2,650 business rates per annum currently payable.

Monday-Saturday: 7:30 am – 3.00 pm

Sunday: 7:30 am - 2:30 pm

The business is run and managed by the two owners along with 2 x part-time and 2 x full-time members of staff.

Financial Profile
Mums Cafe generated an advised turnover of £180,000 with an advised £126,000 gross profit.

Assets are worth an advised £30,000
SAV is an advised £2,500

Listed by:
Request Details

Find out more about this business opportunity.


Note: Please select your full postcode from address menu

Finance Services

Would you like a free no-obligation discussion with a qualified finance provider who could help you to buy this business?

You will ONLY be contacted by your local ASC Finance director. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.

Legal Services

Would you like a free no-obligation quote from a commercial law firm who could help you to buy this business?

You will be contacted by a specialist commercial solicitor from the Legal Marketing Works Network.

Please note that Daltons Business will send the above details to the seller of the business. By submitting this form, you confirm that you agree to our website terms of use, our privacy policy and consent to cookies being stored on your computer.
You may also like...
loder image
loder image