Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Prestige Motor Company.
Prestige Motor Company was founded by the current owner over 35 years ago and the business has been a real labour of love for him and his son who also works in the business. Alas the business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to a wish to relocate.
The owner is keen to see his beloved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving and well-respected business to the next level.
Prestige Motor Company is a garage offering a variety of services than can help keep their customers Mercedes Benz in top condition and the business prides itself on having gained essential knowledge about the functioning of these beautiful cars. The business specialises in Mercedes currently (one of only a handful in the country!) but the business is being sold as a general Mercedes Benz Specialists.
The Business offers Mercedes Benz servicing from the experts and their servicing options ensure that their customers Mercedes works like new. Servicing includes:
• MOT Testing
• Mercedes factory diagnostics equipment
• Air conditioning repairs and servicing
• Mercedes-Benz diagnostics and much more
The business also offers expert Mercedes repair services that are completed to the very highest standards, all the parts they use are to original specification and all the repairs undertaken are up to Mercedes standards and include;
• Car body repairs
• Accident repairs
• Mercedes body repairs
• Air conditioning repairs
Additionally, Prestige Motor Company sells a range of previously owned Mercedes models and because of the scarcity and demand for these models, receives enquiries from all around the globe!
Prestige Motor Company has an impressive number of regular customers many of whom have been using the business for many years and and are known on a first name business by the owner and his son, both of whom are well liked and respected members of the local community.
Customers come from all parts of the UK and the business also receives referrals from Mercedes Benz main dealers, Because of this the business is able to charge and command much higher hourly rates than would normally be expected in this type of business.
The sale will include the company website (prestigemotorcompany.co.uk)which has an online booking facility and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet from sites such as www.yell.com, www.cardealerreviews.co.uk, www.yelp.co.uk, www.118118.com, etc.
Scope to improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media particularly Facebook and Twitter
• Update the existing website
• Extend the opening hours
• Increase the car sales operation by retailing other models
• Employ more mechanics
• Take on an apprentice in the work shop.
• Explore online voucher discounters such as Groupon and Wowcher
Reasons to Buy
• Well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
• Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
• A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, business is currently being run at a pace to suit.
• Superb business premises presented in fantastic condition/ order
• Ideal owner managed or partnership business
• Includes substantial freehold premises
• Low utility costs due to bulk buying discount with other businesses on the estate
Hilton Smythe highly advise early to avoid disappointment. This outstanding business is likely to attract considerable interest.Location
Prestige Motor Company is located in Banbury in Oxfordshire.
Banbury is a historic market town on the River Cherwell in Oxfordshire. The town is situated 64 miles northwest of London, 37 miles southeast of Birmingham, 25 miles south by southeast of Coventry and 22 miles north by northwest of the county town of Oxford. It had a population of 46,853 at the 2011 census.
Banbury is a significant commercial and retail centre for the surrounding area of north Oxfordshire and southern parts of Warwickshire and Northamptonshire which are predominantly rural. Banburys main industries are car components, electrical goods, plastics, food processing and printing.
Banbury station is served by Chiltern Railways services to Warwick and Birmingham both running to London Marylebone. It also has services run by Great Western Railway to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington.
Banbury has Stagecoach in Oxfordshire bus services both within the town and linking it with Brackley, Chipping Norton, Oxford and places further afield including Daventry, Leamington Spa and Stratford Upon Avon.
Banbury is close to the M40 motorway which links London to Birmingham.
Prestige Motor Company is situated on an unusually busy and vibrant industrial estate alongside other independent, complimentary businesses.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with visible clear signage and distinctive livery.
There is free customer parking immediately outside the premises.Premises
Prestige Motor Company occupies substantial premises which were custom built to the vendors design, they are fastidiously presented and maintained and briefly comprise;
Without doubt the cleanest workshop Hilton Smythe have ever marketed
• Roller door to front
• High ceilings
• Fully air conditioned
• 3600 kg scissor lift
• Range of base and wall units
• Complimentary worktop
• Stainless steel sink and drainer
• Space for fridge, kettle and microwave etc
• Close coupled toilet and hand wash basin.
• Useful storage area
• Baxi wall mounted combi boiler
• Impressive showroom with roller door to front
• High ceilings with roof lights
• Space for 12 cars
• Mezzanine area accessed by impressive staircase from showroom
• Intricate steel and wood balustrading
• Expensive looking wood effect flooring
• Generous L-shaped desk
• Customer seating area with leather effect sofa
• Round table in a light Oak effect with four matching chairs
• Open shelving unit with two shelves
• Bespoke artwork
To the front is a substantial hard standing for car sales and customer parking, landscaped with feature gravelled beds. To one side is a useful fenced off area with two sheds used as an oil store and liquids store, there is a scrap bin and waste oil facilities.
To the side of the premises and accessed via a door from the Showroom is a useful secure area with steel gates to front, concrete hard standing for approximately 4 cars and further storage shed.Tenure
We are advised that Prestige Motor Company is being sold as a Freehold business opportunity.
We are further advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.Hours
The workshop is open 9.00 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday
The car sales side of the business is by appointment only.Staff
Prestige Motor Company is run and managed by our client along with the full time help of his son.Financial Profile
Prestige Motor Company generates an advised current turnover through the workshop of approximately £220,000 per annum and an advised turnover through the car sales side of the business of circa £100,000 per annum.
It needs to be appreciated that because of the rare and specialist cars currently being sold the margins achieved are much much higher than a regular car sales business.