BusinessHilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Peep Inside, a multi-facet card and gift shop established in this area by our client 19 years ago, and who is now selling due to her wish to now retire.The business is greeting card and balloon sales driven, offering an extensive range not available in the standard a high street card shop. Our client stocks a very large range of Qualatex balloons which are filled to order on site for both birthday celebrations, weddings, graduations and anniversaries.
The shop ranges include -
Our clients and attention to detail will allow any new buyer the ability to walk straight in and carry on trading, with all the equipment, supplier relationships, yearly buying plan and local knowledge to be handed over. Currently the sale mix is split -30% Greeting cards
- Personalised Photo messaging service - the in-house messaging machine (£6,500 + vat) purchased by our client can produce high quality photo images and messages on a choice of material from cushions, frames, coasters, hanging wooden plaques, cards and frames. Customers simply choose their image from phone, Facebook or Instagram and downloaded to the machine within minutes. The only one in the area and proving increasingly popular
- Qualatex balloons, Greeting cards, Giftwrap, Postcards, Notebooks, Wedding invitations and Diaries
- Teeny Toys, Depesche books, Pictures Frames, children's Toys and Games
- New baby gifts, kids’ jewellery, birthday gifts
- Reusable coffee mugs and cup holders, ‘Top Bloke’ range of bottle openers, key rings and mugs
- ‘Bomb’ cosmetics and soaps, ‘Yodeyma’ perfumes, adult jewellery and gifts
- Bags, scarves, purses and wallets
- Gifts for men, wedding and anniversary glassware
- ‘Heart & Home’ Candles, picture frames, money pigs
- Loose chocolates and bagged sweets
21 % Balloons
9% Chocolates and Sweets
7% Wrap Party
Our client admits the business is now being run to suit and any new buyer may look to explore any of the following to boost the current sales levels -
Businesses of this standard in this increasingly popular area rarely come to market at this highly attractive price and we therefore recommend early viewing to avoid disappointment,LocationPeep Inside occupies a central trading position along a busy parade of community focused shops in Liphook, Hampshire.The parade includes both independent retailers, wine merchants, cafes and supermarkets as well as garages, local surgery, several bars and restaurants. Liphook mainline station is only 2 mins walk up from the shop.The area is particularly popular due to the many schools within the area which include Bohunt Secondary school, Churcher’s College Junior school, Highfield & Brookham school and the renowned Rocksteady Music school.Liphook is a large village in the East Hampshire district of Hampshire, just 4 miles west of Haslemere and borders West Sussex.It is conveniently located just off the A3 which connects commuters from Portsmouth in the south to both Guildford and London to the North.The area has undergone significant development with hundreds of new homes, ensuring the businesses located here are enjoying excellent increases in footfall.
- Promote wedding celebrations balloon work
- Link with local events venues and hotels
- Allow online ordering through a new website
- Offer in-house party planning services
- Promote the picture messaging machine service more
- Re-organise the shop are to include a sit down area to enjoy either chocolates, ice cream and coffees
- Add a new shop front
- Open Sunday’s
The parade benefits from free customer parking as well as large pay and display car park within 2 mins walk.PremisesEquipment / display equipment included -Photo imaging printing machine, Epson wi fi workforce printer, Dell laptop, 2 Mug creation station printer, Canon Pixma printer, HP laptop, Ribbon printer writer, ‘Ex-300’ electric press, silhouette Cameo vinyl printerQualatex ‘Conwin Duplicator 2’ gas filler, Hand sealer, air professional latex balloon filler6 x glass sided shelving units, gift wrap stands, 3 x glass and wood cubes stands, 6 x wood & metal display units, 7 x Greeting card units, 11 x hook focus stand unitsService counter, till and card machine, glass fronted bespoke chocolate display chiller, preparation area
Staff kitchen area, sweet storage area, staff toilet and access to rear parking areaTenureWe are advised the business is being sold as a Leasehold with 1.5 years remaining on a 20 year renewable Lease which the Landlord is willing to extend for any new buyer.
Annual rent stands at £13,800 per year. The business benefits from full small business relief paying 0 rates in the current year.HoursMONDAY TO FRIDAY - 9am - 5pm
SATURDAY - 9am - 3pm
SUNDAY - closedStaff
The business is run and managed by our client with 2 part time members of staff.Financial Profile
As of the 2018 accounts, the business generated a Turnover in the region of £100,000 with an adjusted net profit of approximately £13,000. Current stock levels are in the region of £25,000.