• Turnover in excess of £500k
• Leasehold. Rental £17,000 per annum
• Business Rate : £8,715.25
• Uppercrusts Catering services Ltd has been established for 36 years, serving the business and local communities in Cambridge and surrounding areas. The business is now being offered for sale due to upcoming retirement.
• The company operates from purpose-built premises in Waterbeach which is just outside Cambridge city centre and easily accessible to the A14.
• The business is diverse with a strong base in business catering, wholesale cake baking and in-house (cafeteria) catering.
• Business lunches/catering are freshly prepared each day at Waterbeach and delivered in temperature-controlled vans. We have established relationships with many prominent local businesses who we supply on a regular basis including the University of Cambridge. We are proud to be one of the few Cambridge caterers to have gained preferred catering status with the University.
• Currently the business has 2 long term contracts (17+ years) to supply and fully manage 2 staff cafeterias in University buildings on the Cambridge Biomedical campus These are manned by staff members based in each location supported by the main base in Waterbeach.
• The busy cake/traybake bakery staff hand-make all products from fresh ingredients. The high quality products have resulted in many long-standing customers locally including cafes, patisseries and shops as well as Cambridge University. Sales via courier service also send products nationwide.
• Although this is a well-established and profit-making business there is still room to increase turnover and profit. The business has relied, successfully, on word of mouth to generate new business and apart from incoming enquiries from the website, has not canvassed for any new business. This leaves great potential for marketing campaigns including social media. At present the business operates Monday to Friday leaving scope to extend the opening hours to create more business e.g weekend private and corporate functions as well as increasing cake production. This could go hand in hand with merging an on-line ordering process to the website increasing both local and nationwide sales
• The business is fortunate to have dedicated and long-standing staff. Currently there are 16 members of full/part-time staff supported by the 2 owner/managers.
• We have consistently been awarded 5 stars for food hygiene
• The premises, an industrial unit with roller shutter doors has an entrance lobby with access to separate male/female toilets, staff kitchen and staff room/office.
From the large main workfloor/preparation area there is a door leading to the loading bay and stairs to the mezzanine level incorporating a large office space. The loading bay provides a large quantity of storage and space for 1 vehicle accessed by full height roller shutter door.To the front of the premises is parking for at least 8 vehicles.
• The business is being sold with its website and all equipment as follows:
4 vehicles, all sign-written, 2 of which are temperature controlled
4 x chest freezers
2 x double upright freezers
2 x single upright freezers
2 x double fridges
2 x single upright fridges
3 x floor standing Hobart mixers
5x sets of scales
2 x microwaves
1x Blodgett commercial electric oven
1 x Blue Seal turbo fan cooker and hobs
1 x gas-interlocked extractor fan
Numerous racking, stainless steel preparation tables and all other necessary equipment.