• If you are looking to purchase a top quality play centre, with proven profitability, resilient to fluctuations in the British weather, in a convenient location, on an attractive, landscaped industrial and retail park, you can stop looking.
• Our client has set the standard in Yorkshire for over 12 years. A unique Children’s Activity Centre occupying a 9,000 square foot industrial unit on Thorp Arch Trading Estate, Wetherby. In the Golden Triangle of LEEDS / HARROGATE / YORK. With Inside and OUTSIDE play areas.
• Excellent car parking spaces available on site. (50 on site, with additional (free) parking available in the retail park across the road)
• Opened in 2006 the play centre has operated profitably every year. A new ten year lease was entered into in 2017.
• The internal play area is fully air conditioned and in 2018 our client extended outside adding an external play area, this has ensured that footfall is maintained during hot weather, a crucial concern for any soft play operator.
• Recognised as the cleanest play centre in the area the equipment has been exceptionally well maintained by very proud owner managers. ROSPA inspected every year with records to show an excellent quality of maintenance. The equipment is in superb condition.
• A fully functioning kitchen provides hot and cold food. And has consistently achieved 5 star Hygiene ratings on inspection.
• Income is generated from paying entrance fee customers, a variety of party options (including laser guns) and food and beverage sales from the café area, seating 200 people.
• Staffed by a full time manager, full time cook, full time assistant manager and 3 full time members of staff. This full time team are admirably supported by a fantastic group of part time people, available on an as required basis.
• Business hours: 9.30 am – 6.30 pm, 7 days a week.
• With no lease restrictions on hours of opening there is the potential to develop the business with evening openings.
• In addition to all fixture and fittings the sale price includes a fully operational web site with online booking facilities and integrated paypal account, and facebook account. Stock would be paid for separately at book value.
• Full training, advice and assistance from the current owners would be part of the sale package if required. Being local residents who started the business from scratch themselves 12 years ago, they are keen to see the business continue and prosper under new ownership.
• Consistent annual turnover of £400k net of VAT.
The current owners are looking to sell due to growing other business interests.
Please do not contact the Play Centre directly. Please follow the contact seller link.
9.30am to 6.30pm (7 Days)
Support and Training:
Full support and training would be provided by the current owners to any purchaser who required it. The current owners are local residents and are keen to see the business transfer into new hands successfully and continue to provide a great asset to the community.
Wetherby at the centre of West Yorkshire's Golden Triangle, Harrogate, Leeds, York.