Coffee Shops for sale in Bristol

View the "Coffee shop / Cafe in fantastic location. Surrounded by students & professionals. No rates & low rent. New 10 year lease signed." below and request further details. Alternatively, please view the similar businesses in the 'You May Also Like' box below.

Coffee shop / Cafe in fantastic location. Surrounded by students & professionals. No rates & low rent. New 10 year lease signed.

Bristol, England

  • Leasehold Price: £30,000  Price Reduced arrow_drop_down
  • Annual Turnover: £64,000
Seller Reference: PAX0204434394
Request DetailsEmail email
Business Description
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Image 1 of 14 video_library
Seller Reference: PAX0204434394
Request Details
Business Description
This business has been listed with an agent since 2019 and since the commission was very high I am no wanting to list it myself, as this means a reduced price and no commission.

We first opened in 2015 but now wanting a change of career. Our concept is a healthier style of food compared to an average cafe, but what is now quite commonplace in most up to date coffee shops. We offer a small brunch menu but mainly focus on lunch as this is our busiest time. We run brunch all day alongside freshly made and grilled wraps, flat breads, home made soups and a host of fresh salads along with some home made cakes. In January we updated the interior and set up a lovely oak counter which enables us to have everything on display. Not only does it look fantastic it seemed to increase the spend per head, as when the customer is waiting their eyes wander.
We probably have about 40% take out and the remaining 60% eat in. We use Wogan's for our coffee and have a good name for quality.

Figures since day 1 have been recorded in a very basic spreadsheet and these can be sent upon request. We have a dip in sales between 2017 and 2018 due to us opening a second (unsuccessful and very expensive) site which meant all my attention was there and as a result we lost a lot of business due to poor staffing/management etc. Generally we average £1300 a week but this can fluctuate.

There are 10 tables and at maximum capacity it can seat 21 covers inside. We have use of the front and currently have two tables and four chairs here, but previously had four tables and eight chairs.

In the garden, which is an unbelievable sun trap once the sun is high, we have four tables and eight chairs.

As you look out onto the garden, there is a door on the left which leads to the single toilet. There is also overhead storage above the bathroom, a storage cupboard which houses a tall freezer and each bench seat is storage too.

I have ran the place mainly on my own since returning from our second site in late 2018, and hired three students to help with the week. Typically one would work from 12pm - 2pm and if needed stay longer. But this kept my wages very low.

Other costs:
Electric (no gas) £180 pm
Phone/bb £25 pm
Waste £15 per lift (1 per fortnight)
Water £33 p/m
Rent £833 p/m

I renewed the lease in September 2019 for a further 10 years. Lease can be seen upon request but the main particulars are a rent review AND break clause in years 3 and 5.

Any further questions please just ask. Viewing is advised and given the circumstances I could open the door and wait outside whilst you conduct your view.
Trading hours:
Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Number of employees:
4
Tenure:
Leasehold
Location Details:
Located on a brilliant street with over 20 other independent businesses. 5 minute walked from the University of Bristol and the BBC, as well as a host of other offices.
Request Details

Find out more about this business opportunity.

* REQUIRED

Finance Services

Would you like a free no-obligation discussion with a qualified finance provider who could help you to buy this business?

You will ONLY be contacted by your local ASC Finance director. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.

Legal Services

Would you like a free no-obligation quote from a commercial law firm who could help you to buy this business?

You will be contacted by a specialist commercial solicitor from the Legal Marketing Works Network.

Please note that Daltons Business will send the above details to the seller of the business. By submitting this form, you confirm that you agree to our website terms of use, our privacy policy and consent to cookies being stored on your computer.
You may also like...
loder imageloder image