* Well appointed coffee shop / takeaway premises
* Covers for circa 20, customer toilet and rear preparation area / kitchen
* Potential for pavement licence to providing outside seating
* Well positioned for take-away / lunchtime trade, adjacent to High Street
* Trading daytime only 9.30 - 4.30pm, 6 days per week
* Currently operated by partnership
* Currently receiving full business rates relief
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The property is situated within the pedestrianised area known as Mill Street, adjacent to the entrance to the town's High Street, it is located opposite close to WH Smith and Co-Operative Food. Other operators in the immediate vicinity include Barclays Bank and First Choice Travel Agents. Mill Street has undergone considerable investment of recent years including mixed residential and commercial development schemes.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being single fronted premises, the building was refurbished during 2008 and 2009, and now offers coffee shop / take-away premises with covers for 20 and counter servery for take-away orders. Additional specification includes customer toilet, air conditioning, preparation area, intruder alarm, laminate flooring.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest, with an assignment of the existing 10 year lease from 2018. Alternatively we understand a new lease may be available from the Landlords. The current rent is £13,500 per annum.
Our client has operated the business since it was established in 2009 and offers a manageable menu of hot and cold drinks, snacks, cakes, light lunches, afternoon tea etc. The business is operated by a husband and wife partnership, with current operating hours of 9.30am - 4.30pm, 6 days per week. It is thought additional revenue and footfall could be generated by applying for a pavement licence for external seating. Further accountancy information is available upon request.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
COFFEE SHOP / TAKEAWAY
29`6 max x 20`1 (9.00 m x 6.10 m) Table and chair seating for 20 covers, laminate flooring, air conditioning, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, single fronted shop unit with roller blinds, counter servery with till, chilled serve over counter, under counter drinks fridge, upright fridge, freezer, coffee machine, coffee grinder, Blue Seal oven, electric 4 pan hob and oven, stainless steel wash hand basin, hot water heater, commercial fridge, standing mixer, speak system, under stairs cupboard, intruder alarm
PREPERATION AREA / KITCHEN
This area is currently used for preparation although new owners may wish to utilise this area for further kitchen space. Dishwasher, stainless steel single drainer sink, base units, worktops, lockers, hot water heater
Non slip flooring, low level w.c., wash hand basin, hot water heater
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org