Silk Letting Ltd welcomes to the market this fantastic mobile coffee business, trading from a prime spot outside of a busy train station in the delightful historic town of Carshalton.
The business was established by our clients in 2012, and together with their love and passion for coffee, they have created an incredibly successful business with a phenomenal reputation in the local area, even receiving the Theo Paphitis Small Business Sunday award in 2013. Their coffee is of an exceptional standard and has previously been stocked in high-end department store, Selfridges & Co. at their popular Manchester and London stores. Our clients are also proud to have supplied coffee for a café in the Bedfordshire area. Being a mobile coffee business, the possibilities for trade are endless. With 5-star ratings on the company Facebook page and a terrific loyal clientele, this fantastic business opportunity is one not to be missed.
The business is pleased to offer a professional barista service and an extensive selection of speciality coffees and other refreshments. They strive to offer the best quality coffee at competitive prices and have been dubbed by clients to provide great coffee of a “wonderful blend and grind”, believed to taste nicer than coffee sold at popular chain coffee shops. This mobile coffee business is perfect for rush-hour clients, offering an efficient text message order service, where clients can pay securely by mobile phone and collect their orders immediately, using the walk or drive through service. All services have also been made COVID-19 safe.
Our client operates Facebook and Twitter pages for the business which are included in the sale of the business. The Facebook page is regularly updated, receiving frequent comments from regular clients, and currently has a following of 256 users. They also have a professionally designed e-commerce website containing information regarding the business’s daily menu and packages for services. The business is fully equipped ready for a smooth takeover by a new owner.
Are you passionate about coffee? Do you think you have what it takes to continue the legacy of this successful business and provide the residents of Carshalton with their daily gourmet coffee needs?
- Mobile coffee business
- Brilliant trading location outside train station
- Highly successful with a regular, loyal client base
- Sold coffee in popular Selfridges stores
- Highly recommended with 5-star ratings on Facebook
- Professional e-commerce website
- Offers an order ahead text service
- Fully equipped for takeover by a new owner
- Trademarked business
- Social media pages included with the sale
- Offers walk/drive through service
Our client is proud to sell a vast selection of gourmet coffees such as Macchiatos, Ristrettos, and Vienna Coffees, as well as the coffees we all know and love including, americanos, flat whites, lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, espressos, and iced coffees. All coffees are offered with a selection of coffee syrups and a choice between dairy or soya milk, catering to the needs of a broad clientele. There is a great selection of teas including breakfast tea, fruit teas, and herbal teas, and other hot drinks including luxury hot chocolates. The business also sells cold drinks such as fizzy drinks, fruit juices, and water. In addition to beverages, there is a great selection of fresh sandwiches, cakes, flapjacks, biscuits, and chocolate bars.
Trade opportunities are extensive, with possibility to trade at a wide variety of locations and events due to the business being mobile. The business currently offers its services to private events including weddings, christenings, and birthdays, and other events such as corporate events, fetes, fairs, and festivals. Our client has previously traded at farmers markets, car shows, horse trials, street markets, and food events, demonstrating excellent scope for trade in a variety of business areas.
- Extensive selection of gourmet coffees
- Range of teas including breakfast tea, fruit teas, and herbal teas
- Luxury hot chocolates
- Selection of coffee syrups and choices of milk
- Cold drinks including iced coffees, fizzy drinks, fruit juices and water
- Assortment of fresh sandwiches and snacks
- Offers services for private events including weddings, christenings, and birthdays
- Great scope for trading possibilities as the business is mobile
Perfectly positioned at the entrance of Carshalton Train Station, the business benefits from a high footfall of rail travellers passing trade. Carshalton is a picturesque town in the London Borough of Sutton, enjoying a beautiful historic village centre with plenty of scenic spots to visit, located just a stone throw away. The town centre is just a short 8-minute walk away from the station and boasts a wonderful variety of independent stores for shoppers to peruse including gift stores, niche shops, and an art gallery. The station is in London Travel Zone 5, served by the Southern and Thameslink train lines. It operates a 28-minute train journey to London Victoria Station and benefits from a great amount of city centre commuters. The station is also located near to an infant and nursery school and gains a high footfall during school commute times in the morning and afternoon. The area is served well by A-roads and is linked to the M25 and M23 Motorways.
Although the business operates at a remote location on a part-time basis Monday through to Friday, there is huge scope for trading in many other locations and at other times due to being a mobile business.
- High footfall area from city centre commuters
- 8-minute walk to Carshalton Town Centre
- 28-minute train to London Victoria Station
- Close to a school providing great footfall during school commute time
- Scenic and picturesque town with a historical village centre
- Zone 5 location served by Southern and Thameslink trains
- Served well by A-roads with links to M25 and M23 motorways
- Benefits from being a mobile business so can trade in any location
Reason for sale
Our clients are sadly selling their beloved business due to health reasons. It would be fantastic to hand over the business to an individual who is passionate about selling great coffee and will continue to build on the solid foundations created by the current owners.
Premises and Fittings
The business operates from a large, spacious Renault Trafic Van fully converted by AJC Retail, fitted with all equipment for trade. The exterior of the vehicle is immaculately presented with a stylish logo, clearly branded on all sides of the vehicle, and contact details listed on the sides and back of the van. The vehicle is fully fitted inside with a Fracino Coffee Machine, coffee grinder, built-in unit, fridge, water tank, and glass cylinders. The van is large enough for all equipment to be carried inside. There are also two Honda Inverter Generators.
- Renault Trafic Black Van
- Fracino Contempo 2 Group Coffee Machine
- Coffee Grinder
- Built in silver unit
- Water outlet
- Integrated double door fridge
- Water tank
- 2 glass cylinders
- Sunshade umbrella
- Honda Inverter Generator EU30is
- Spare Honda EU20i Generator
Current stock is included with the sale.
The van is secured with an immobiliser and an alarm.
Rent and length of lease
The ground rent for the business to trade at Carshalton Station is £300 per month and is offered on a leasehold basis. A new lease will need to be negotiated.
Our client has informed us that the business’s annual turnover for 2018-19 was circa £28,000, operating at a gross profit circa £17,000 on a part-time only basis.
Our client does not pay business rates.
Our clients operate the business together on a part-time basis and do not employ any staff.
Food Hygiene Rating
The business holds an excellent Food Hygiene Rating of 5.
Monday 6:00 – 10:00AM
Tuesday 6:00 – 10:00AM
Wednesday 6:00 – 10:00AM
Thursday 6:00 – 10:00AM
Friday 6:00 – 10:00AM
These opening hours are solely for trading at Carshalton Station.
- The business trades daily at Carshalton Station on a part-time basis, leaving plenty of scope for the business to trade at other locations and events during other hours.
- Currently there are Facebook and Twitter pages for the business. Social media could be pushed further by potentially creating a business Instagram page, where updates are posted daily.
- Could potentially promote social media pages with incentives for clients with the aim of boosting social media following for the business.
This is an incredible, unique business opportunity and with its bespoke coffees and excellent loyal client base, it is one not to be missed. Silk Letting Ltd highly advises early viewing to avoid disappointment.
Contact Rose at Silk Letting Ltd on 0161 507 9792 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your viewing today.
Monday to Friday 6:00am - 10:00am
Little to none.
Support and Training:
Yes if required.
Located at the entrance of Carshalton Train Station, just an 8-minute walk from the picturesque historic town centre.
A new lease will need to be negotiated.