Snack in the Box franchise owners deliver snacks to workplaces. In association with Mars, the Snack in the Box franchise opportunity is a van-based franchise typical run by an individual or a couple.
- Minimum investment of £20K
- Van not included - we can offer suggestions as to a suitable van
Snack in the Box: The UK's Number 1 Vending Franchise:
'Everyone loves chocolate! I knew immediately that this was the right franchise for me!'
Covering a local territory of customers, you will service vending machines and snack boxes at customer sites providing them with chocolate, crisps, snacks and cold drinks. Partnered with Mars and Walkers, Snack in the Box is part of SnackTime plc, the UK's 3rd largest vending company. Snack in the Box has just under 100 franchisees and has been a full BFA member for 19 years.
Benefits of a Snack in the Box Franchise:
'I enjoy building relationships with my customers, and being my own boss really suits me'.
- Our partnership with Mars provides you with strong Mars branding across all areas of your business (van, machines, uniform etc) and the ability to stock the UK's favourite confectionery brands at preferential prices.
- 100% of your territory sited from day one - income generation from the start
- Regular weekly cash income from day one
- Fixed management services fees - not a % of your profits - to aid your cashflow planning
- Part of the Uvenco Uk vending group - providing you with vending expertise
- Full initial and ongoing training and support both in-house and in the field to keep your business performing
- Online business tracking tool to monitor how your business is performing
- Strong head office support in key areas such as IT, sales and marketing, vending expertise, vending product information and new product notifications and a dedicated Account Manager to help grow your business
- A home-based franchise with no hassles of renting separate premises to run your business
'SITB is a proven business model with a wealth of experience and support but the concept is simple which I felt would last even through a recession'.
You will be responsible for a local territory of customers which are workplaces such as offices, showrooms, factories, warehouses, retail outlets etc. Each customer has a vending or snack box on their site which you refill, ensure is presentable and working properly, and then remove the cash takings. In order to maximise your investment, you should be available to work Monday to Friday 9am till 5.00pm. Each customer is
A Typical Day:
'Customers are always pleased to see me as I am filling their chocolate vending machine!'
Four days a week, you will be out and about in your van visiting customer sites and servicing their vending machine or snack box. We offer a range of vending solutions to ensure the right vending solution for each customer site depending on their size, profile and requirements. Typically a franchisee will visit around 20 to 30 customers a day in their local area. This will be driving around in your Mars branded van stocked with confectionery, crisps, snacks and drinks. One hour a day, after your customer site visits, will be spent at home preparing stock and organising your van for the following day. You are encouraged to develop a good relationship with your customers and this will reap rewards with your revenues.
This is a home-based business where you will spend one day a week (typically Fridays) working from home completing paperwork, counting and banking cash, receiving deliveries, and analysing your customer's performance via your business tracker tool.
Stock consists of confectionery, crisps, snack and cans and bottles of drinks which is delivered direct to you. A storage facility is required such as a garage or shed to store your stock.
Would I Be Suited As A Snack in the Box Franchisee?...
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are hands-on
- Are customer-service focussed. Our best franchisees develop great relationships with their customers and enjoy providing them with a service that customers appreciate
- Able to manage their day and are self-motivated
- Not afraid to pick up a screwdriver (no technical or engineering skills needed) or cleaning cloth to keep your vending machines in prime condition
- A full driving licenceUsed to being out and about
- A background in retail, field sales, delivery, confectionery corner shops, driving etc is advantageous
- Want to be your own boss and reap the rewards of your hard work
- Like any new business, you should be willing to put the hours in to really get the most of your investment
- A good level of fitness - you will spend a good proportion of your day on your feet