• Busy Convenience Store near Bath
• Highly visible location
• Recently refurbished sales area
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Good sized 4 bedroom family accommodation
• Well-presented throughout
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this thriving Convenience Store. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2000 during which time they have made considerable investment in an extensive refurbishment of the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendor wishes to semi retire. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
Operating from substantial landmark premises of real charm and character, this very well established, family-run concern has become an important focal point of the local community in the course of many years' successful trading by conducting a useful and popular retail operation of an extensive selection of general and frozen convenience grocery items.
The store also stocks an excellent choice of chilled and dairy products, general household goods, traditional beers wines and spirits and a range of news, confectionery and tobacco lines, in addition to supporting a good number of local morning-only news delivery rounds and holding valuable pay point and international money transfer franchises.
Saltford Convenience Store is run by our clients. The business is run at a pace to suite the owners and we are advised that it generates a turnover in the region of £200,000 per year with high gross profit margins.. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by extending the range of products offered possibly to include fresh fruit and vegetables or food to go.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well maintained leasehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position on one of the main roads that runs through the delightful village of Saltford which is in Somerset.
The retail premises have recently been extensively refurbished and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation as well as spacious private 4 bedroom owner’s accommodation with garden.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Retail area which boasts a full range of modern, high quality fixed and freestanding purpose-built display furniture and shelving, in addition to various refrigerated and frozen display cabinets, extensive periodical and greetings cards racking, an ice cream conservator and a prominent, fully fitted general point-of-sale counter area with off-licence section, confectionery displays, tobacco gantry, electronic till point and full complement of Pay Point and Western Union international money transfer facilities.
• Store room 1
• Store room 2
• Single bedroom with window to front
• Single bedroom with window to front
• Double bedroom with window to front
• Double bedroom with widow to side
• Kitchen with range of eye level and base units
• Lounge with window to side giving views to the rolling countryside beyond.
• Private garden
• Parking for 3 cars
• Storage shed
• 6.00am – 7.000pm Monday – Saturday
• 6.00am – 6.00pm Sundays
• £200,000 Per year
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
• 8 morning rounds.
Business rates payable: £3,000. Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable. Bath and North East Somerset Council, Email: email@example.com or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
• The business stock value is: £10,000 – 12,0000
Saltford is a large village situated on the A4 and River Avon. Saltford C of E Primary School is situated within quarter of a mile. There are four public houses in the village: The Bird in Hand, The Jolly Sailor, The Crown and The Riverside. There are a range of facilities, dentist, library, takeaways etc.
The nearby city of Bath has a unique blend of old and new offering breath-taking architecture with a cosmopolitan lifestyle. The city hosts some of the best shops, restaurants and leisure facilities outside of London. The Bath Spa Railway Station has a high speed train service operating to London Paddington (approximately 90 minutes). Bristol International Airport is also approximately a 20 miles drive.
We are advised that the business will be offered with the benefit of a new lease to suitable applicants. The current rent payable is £13,000 per year.